U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 04-23-2011, 08:31 AM
 
Location: englewood
1,558 posts, read 1,422,929 times
Reputation: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Yes, I posted to Tripadvisor a few minutes after I posted here. They also give you an option to pick it up on your Facebook page, which I did.

There are a few who posted on my FB page who have had similar experiences to mine.
i guess this is one of the places that makes their money on the tourist and could care less about repeat business. that was on the mental list of places to try, as i say was on that list.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2011, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Port Charlotte, FL
1,151 posts, read 775,127 times
Reputation: 254
If the manager of Laishley Crab House reads this or gets word (as someone must have read this thread and alerted him)...my advise to you is to immediately credit Shannon's credit card back the charges from last night. When you do, I'm sure she will give you props for trying to make this right. Until I hear that, neither I nor any of my friends/family will ever be steered your way again.

Get it right, pal, or we'll simply wait for the next tenant to occupy your space in the fine building.
Hmmm...I'm thinking Joe's Crab Shack might fit there? You know the chain, just up 41 in Ft. Myers?

Do the right thing buddy...don't make me (NOT) come over there.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2011, 11:53 AM
 
555 posts, read 595,934 times
Reputation: 156
Sorry to read about your bad experience. Any opinions about the "Mama Leone's" in Nokomis?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2011, 11:55 AM
 
1,424 posts, read 1,143,510 times
Reputation: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
Sorry to read about your bad experience. Any opinions about the "Mama Leone's" in Nokomis?
I haven't been there in a while but it was really good. Fantastic food, HUGE portions (you can share a meal and take home leftovers) just a word of caution, they do not take plastic, cash only unless that has changed since we have been there. LOVED the food and will go back.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2011, 01:08 PM
 
Location: englewood
1,558 posts, read 1,422,929 times
Reputation: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
If the manager of Laishley Crab House reads this or gets word (as someone must have read this thread and alerted him)...my advise to you is to immediately credit Shannon's credit card back the charges from last night. When you do, I'm sure she will give you props for trying to make this right. Until I hear that, neither I nor any of my friends/family will ever be steered your way again.

Get it right, pal, or we'll simply wait for the next tenant to occupy your space in the fine building.
Hmmm...I'm thinking Joe's Crab Shack might fit there? You know the chain, just up 41 in Ft. Myers?

Do the right thing buddy...don't make me (NOT) come over there.
a long while back i asked if anyone had been to pineapples on venice island. the reports that came back were mostly if not all bad. so then what happened............there were numerous posts saying how great the place was and how fantastic the management was. only problem was that all these poster just happened to be new with only 1 or 2 posts to their screen name. that gives a credibility doubt to it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2011, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Charlotte Harbor, FL
1,981 posts, read 1,439,788 times
Reputation: 522
Laishley Crab house has always been over-priced crappy food. Me: "Where does the snapper/grouper/tilapia/crab/etc... come from? Wattress: "I think Vietnam or something". OH, SIGN ME UP!!! Sure, atmosphere is OK, but usually we just tie the boat up there and walk around town and go to other restaurants/bars.
Thanks for posting Shannon!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2011, 10:29 PM
 
Location: SWFL
388 posts, read 437,549 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
Laishley Crab house has always been over-priced crappy food. Me: "Where does the snapper/grouper/tilapia/crab/etc... come from? Wattress: "I think Vietnam or something". OH, SIGN ME UP!!! Sure, atmosphere is OK, but usually we just tie the boat up there and walk around town and go to other restaurants/bars.
Thanks for posting Shannon!
Agreed. The restaurant has a good location but it is overrated. The food is below par as well as the service. A tourist trap for sure. Another reason why any Trip Advisor restaurant reviews must be vetted with a grain of salt...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2011, 05:32 AM
 
Location: Sarasota, FL
1,647 posts, read 1,585,301 times
Reputation: 757
If these idiotic people had any idea how much business they lose to this kind of negative review, they'd at least learn how to properly deal with patrons when things aren't going right.

It's inexcusable in a service industry to give such poor service AND to be rude about it.

There is NO chance I will ever go to this place.

Thanks for the review, Gal.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2011, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Sarasota, Florida
803 posts, read 1,888,471 times
Reputation: 657
Why would you hesitate to give the bill back to the manager if he already said he'd take care of it? He has people to answer to and if the bill gets paid, they think everything is fine. If the profits drop...a new manager will be hired.
If an experience is wonderful, absolutely tell people and conversely, if an experience is bad... let someone know that can do something about it.
I believe you could dispute the bill if you paid with a credit card. Let them try to fight for payment. They won't...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-24-2011, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Punta Gorda and Maryland
5,616 posts, read 7,621,865 times
Reputation: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by On-da-Beach View Post
Why would you hesitate to give the bill back to the manager if he already said he'd take care of it? He has people to answer to and if the bill gets paid, they think everything is fine. If the profits drop...a new manager will be hired.
If an experience is wonderful, absolutely tell people and conversely, if an experience is bad... let someone know that can do something about it.
I believe you could dispute the bill if you paid with a credit card. Let them try to fight for payment. They won't...

Good Point. They could reverse the charges as well, and she could dispute it because they said they would comp the charges.

Laishley's charges top dollar for what they provide - they should provide great service, and great food. Sometime, the meals might not be good, but they can exchange them if it is a quality issue. That is what good restaurants do.

Knowing SoFLGal the way I do, she would come back here, and at least mention that they made good on the bill - nothing can be done at this point about the past. Like Messing About said, there are some great places around - why submit yourself and possibly your guests to that kind of treatment?!?! I won't, and I will advise others as well. I live in PGI - year round, and have a lot of friends here that are careful about how they spend thier money.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top