Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 09:01 PM

13 posts, read 50,444 times

Advertisements

I saw this last week, wondering if it's legit Do you think someone who isn't a FA has a chance?
Minimum of two (2) years customer service experience.
121 Flight Attendant experience highly preferred.

Date: 2012-01-25, 4:28PM EST
Reply to: job-yru3c-2809163986@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Swift Air is holding a special hiring event for FLIGHT ATTENDANTS on January 27th 2012 in Punta Gorda, FL. In this position, you will be delivering friendly, enthusiastic and professional service as well as promoting regulatory compliance and safety.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Ensures effective communication between the Flight Deck and the cabin crew.
Carries out safety regulations and procedures as specified in the Code of Federal Regulations and by Company policies and procedures.
Deliver friendly, enthusiastic and professional service.
Comply with all Federal Air Regulations as well as company policies and procedures.
Assist passengers with luggage and direction during all phases of flight.
Be prepared to assume a leadership role and/or follow direction to assist passengers safely during non-routine operations.
May be called upon to care for ill, injured, or incapacitated passengers, and may administer first aid in compliance with government and Swift Air's Standards.
Clean and restock aircraft as per company policy.

SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:

Must commit to one year contract with possibility of continuation.
Minimum of two (2) years customer service experience.
121 Flight Attendant experience highly preferred.
Excellent work ethic and demonstrated ability to act with purpose and urgency.
Flexible to work any available schedule to include nights, weekend, holidays and overtime for domestic and international travel up to 20 days per month.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment that requires high energy and constant face-to-face interaction with customers.
Must be detail oriented and a team player.
Ability to complete a 3 1/2 (three and a half) week 121 Initial New Hire Training Course.
Must be able to successfully complete a 10 year background check and FAA/DOT drug screening.

Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside

33 Tamiami Trail

Punta Gorda, FL 33950

Phone: 941-637-6770

In the: Palm/Bay Room

What you will need to bring:

A copy of your resume
A completed Swift Air job application (copies can be downloaded from our company web site http://www.swiftaviationgroup.com/jobs.aspx
Your Current Passport and a clear color copy of your passport
Your Current Drivers license and a clear copy of your Drivers License
Your FAA Fight Attendant certificate and a clear copy of your FAA Flight Attendant certificate (only applicable if you have previously been a Flight Attendant for another Airline)

Open House sessions will be on the following dates at the following times only. Doors will close at the time indicated below. Applicants, who arrive after the Open House start times, will not be eligible for employment.

Friday, January 27, 2012

In the Palm/Bay Room

10:00 A.M. Sharp

Successful open house candidates will be scheduled for a one-on-one interview throughout the weekend.

NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!

• Compensation: Salary will be discussed at the event
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
PostingID: 2809163986
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 06:00 AM

3,179 posts, read 5,998,184 times
This is interesting, Swift air doesn't fly in/out of PGD. Maybe they're expanding into PGD and being proactive in the hiring process. Good for the local economy if this is legit. I'd love to see another airline come to PGD!

Old 01-26-2012, 06:13 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
This is interesting, Swift air doesn't fly in/out of PGD. Maybe they're expanding into PGD and being proactive in the hiring process. Good for the local economy if this is legit. I'd love to see another airline come to PGD!

Never heard of Swift Air. Maybe they are taking all the retired/unemployed/wide bodied PanAm girls. Or are most of them working for US Air now?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:29 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,885,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Never heard of Swift Air. Maybe they are taking all the retired/unemployed/wide bodied PanAm girls. Or are most of them working for US Air now?
Geez QC, isn't this statement a little sexist? "wide bodied" "girls"?
I don't think anyone has referred to flight attendants as "girls" since the 70's!

Old 01-26-2012, 07:35 AM

3,179 posts, read 5,998,184 times
I checked the Swift Air website. They're just a private charter company (used by those with $$$$). Nothing commercial. Dang it.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Geez QC, isn't this statement a little sexist? "wide bodied" "girls"?
I don't think anyone has referred to flight attendants as "girls" since the 70's!
Not at all, tongue in cheek. They call each other girls; my best friend is still a "stew" for Delta with about 34 yrs. experience. The difference in the requirements for stewardesses in the past 20 or more years has changed dramatically. They were extremely discriminatory in my day (mid 60's). You had to have certain body measurements, let's say 36-24-38; very attractive, educated, perfect complexion, hair length was a requirement; single female, etc. etc. You were taught how to walk, how to smile, be a "lady" at their training schools. You were also taught how to be what she called a glorified waitress, and competition for seniority and the best flights was fierce. I don't believe they even had a union then, not sure. You had to be a certain weight and size to be able to walk through the aisle with several inches of "air" on either side of your hips. No walking the aisle sideways, and food service was nice, especially of course in 1st class. Stews on international airlines were held to even a higher standard, and most needed to know a second language.

There are some pretty tired looking wide bodied gals in air these days; and most are just biding their time to retirement benefits which are pretty darned good.

Watch the show on TV called "Pan Am". Kind of cute, but not totally authentic.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:26 AM

Well, okay, I guess if you say it's a joke, I'm fine with that.
But you STILL say there are some "pretty tired looking wide bodied gals in air these days". I still have a bit of a problem with that statement.
it still reads like you feel they shouldn't be flight attendants because they're old and don't meet the description in your paragraph before that describing the way things used to be.
AND they're not all female anymore. On our last flight back from SRQ ALL the flight attendants were male.
And I think "Pan Am" (the TV show) was cancelled already, no?

Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Well, okay, I guess if you say it's a joke, I'm fine with that.
But you STILL say there are some "pretty tired looking wide bodied gals in air these days". I still have a bit of a problem with that statement.
it still reads like you feel they shouldn't be flight attendants because they're old and don't meet the description in your paragraph before that describing the way things used to be.
AND they're not all female anymore. On our last flight back from SRQ ALL the flight attendants were male.
And I think "Pan Am" (the TV show) was cancelled already, no?

Time to lighten up here. I don't know if the show is on or not. On the other hand, I'm not about to start a debate/discussion (off topic) about how the flight attendants present themselves lately because it is not important in the grand scheme of things. They have a very difficult job, especially in this current environment since 9/11, and male or female, they do their job well. We lost 2 stewardesses from my home state on 9/11 and no one gave a hoot what their hip measurements were.

Getting flight duty on a private airline for the subject company Swift Air, sounds pretty good to me.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:52 AM

Great! Then we agree now that it's not important what they look like, or are male or female.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:00 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,658,994 times
My wife is a Delta FA trainor.. I don't call her a sterwardess and neither does anyone i know.. not a popular term any longer.. the only size qualifications are, they have to be able to sit and buckle up in a jump seat..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte