U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 05:23 PM

686 posts, read 1,405,853 times

Advertisements

SoFlGal, it's been a couple years. Checking in to see how your FIL is doing? Hopefully he is still doing well. Please update when you can. We'd also like to know if the guy is still behind bars. I'm sure we've all have been thinking about him since this.

Just found this story, your FIL is a saint. What a guy. You should be grateful you're related as I'm sure you are!
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/m...ccident-050514
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 05:56 PM

14,269 posts, read 15,860,573 times
I was unaware of this terrible accident. It's a shame that so many people who drink get behind a wheel without thinking of the lives they might destroy.

I know he'll never be the same as he was before he was seriously injured, but it's inspiring to read that a victim can let go of bitterness and encourage others to live well and forgive.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:35 PM

7,486 posts, read 19,884,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daFrogMan View Post
SoFlGal, it's been a couple years. Checking in to see how your FIL is doing? Hopefully he is still doing well. Please update when you can. We'd also like to know if the guy is still behind bars. I'm sure we've all have been thinking about him since this.

Just found this story, your FIL is a saint. What a guy. You should be grateful you're related as I'm sure you are!
DUI victim, Tufano, hopes Matt Bush can right his ways | FOX Sports
Thanks for asking Frogman. It's been a rough couple of years. He's definitely not like he was before the accident. They still have him on a bunch of pain pills and he sleeps A LOT, that worries me. I try to get him up and out of the house as much as I can. I'll make appointments during the time when my little one gets off the bus so he has to meet her and bring her to the house. I think it helps him to get up and out and not sleep so much.

He actually went out and bought another Harley. He's a tough old bird. I'd like to find him someone his age to hang out with. He was married for 50 years and doesn't really know how to be single, I guess. His wife died of Crohn's Disease about a year before the accident. I signed him up on a few dating sites and screened a few ladies for him. He still wears his wedding ring :| I'd just like him to find someone his own age to hang out with.

Just recently he signed up at a gym, which is a good sign. He's gained quite a bit of weight since the accident and I know that doesn't sit well with him. He's always been in excellent shape. He ran the Boston Marathon twice and several others.

He is the absolute best and nicest guy in the world. As you read, he wants nothing more for Bush to get out of prison and do something with his life. He doesn't hold any grudges against the man who nearly took his life. Amazing is the best word to describe my father-in-law.

Last edited by SoFLGal; 01-07-2015 at 06:54 PM..

Old 01-07-2015, 07:36 PM

686 posts, read 1,405,853 times
Awesome, friggin awesome. Sorry to hear he is still having troubles but that is nothing compared to the alternative. Another Harley? Hmmmm, may have to have a talk with him. I did read an article that he was done with Motorcycles. Guess not. If that keeps him young, so be it. He's already cheated a lot of things. Must go forth! Thanks for the update! Best of luck!!!!
Thanks!

Old 01-08-2015, 01:26 AM

2,118 posts, read 2,996,953 times
Great update, SoFLGal. Thank you for continuing to share your life and family with us.
And your famous daughter? Has she graduated high school and earned her RE license yet?
How many homes does she own now?

Old 01-08-2015, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Great update, SoFLGal. Thank you for continuing to share your life and family with us.
And your famous daughter? Has she graduated high school and earned her RE license yet?
How many homes does she own now?
Yes, my Willow!! Here's my girl for those of you who aren't long time City-Dataer's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTTczC27fko

Given freedom to grow, teen nurtures entrepreneurial spirit | Tampa Bay Times

Florida Teen Willow Tufano Buys Second Home - ABC News

Willow Tufano, Florida Teen, Buys Second Home

This 14-Year-Old Girl Just Bought A House In Florida : Planet Money : NPR

The 15-Year-Old Who Bought Two Houses : Planet Money : NPR

A homeowner at 14 years old? Meet Willow Tufano – Early Start with John Berman & Christine Romans - CNN.com Blogs

Lady Gaga Fan and Landlord: Willow Tufano's Real Estate Investments Knowledge@Wharton High School

Watch out Donald Trump. At 15-years old, 'America's youngest landlord' buys her second home | Daily Mail Online

Florida teen landlord turns foreclosure crisis into opportunity - CBS News

This 14-year-old is a homeowner! | HLNtv.com

Meet America's Youngest Landlord - News from InsideEdition.com

http://www.themarysue.com/14-year-old-girl-buys-house/

OK, I'm bragging a bit

She's done over 185 National and International interviews and still continues to do speeches and interviews.

Anyway, she will be graduating high school next year. She is moving to Chicago in August to finish out school up there. She still does online school in the evenings and has her business in the daytime. She wants to buy and sell in Chicago.

It's crazy because she makes more money than I do a month and she's only 17!! She's still buying things from Goodwill, Salvation Army, Criagslist, etc. She does the occasional trash picking as well. Right now she's into buying and selling high end tennis shoes and sports jerseys. Her thing is, "how to turn trash into treasure".

Willow's plan is to attend Chicago University for business although she doesn't see the need to. She says she's never going to work for anyone and always be her own boss, which I don't doubt. She wants to teach classes in entrepreneurship and how to start up at a young age.

We opted not to go the route of reality TV after seeing the Kardashians, Teen Mom, etc. She has better things to do with her time

Old 01-08-2015, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Awesome, friggin awesome. Sorry to hear he is still having troubles but that is nothing compared to the alternative. Another Harley? Hmmmm, may have to have a talk with him. I did read an article that he was done with Motorcycles. Guess not. If that keeps him young, so be it. He's already cheated a lot of things. Must go forth! Thanks for the update! Best of luck!!!!
Thanks!

Yes! He did say he was done with motorcycles. He loves riding though and decided he wanted to get another one. As long as he has his trusty helmet, we're OK with it. He's doing what he loves.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:55 AM

3,575 posts, read 5,806,573 times
oh I could see Real Housewives of North Port being a smash

or Real Rednecks of Port Charlotte

Real Boaters of PGI

as for the Kar Trash ians no thanks

Old 01-08-2015, 10:24 AM

9,678 posts, read 6,967,367 times
Quote:

DUI victim, Tufano, hopes Matt Bush can right his ways | FOX Sports
He's a true mensch. I wish him and his family many blessings and happiness.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:31 AM

9,678 posts, read 6,967,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Yes, my Willow!! Here's my girl for those of you who aren't long time City-Dataer's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTTczC27fko

Given freedom to grow, teen nurtures entrepreneurial spirit | Tampa Bay Times

Florida Teen Willow Tufano Buys Second Home - ABC News

Willow Tufano, Florida Teen, Buys Second Home

This 14-Year-Old Girl Just Bought A House In Florida : Planet Money : NPR

The 15-Year-Old Who Bought Two Houses : Planet Money : NPR

A homeowner at 14 years old? Meet Willow Tufano Early Start with John Berman & Christine Romans - CNN.com Blogs

Lady Gaga Fan and Landlord: Willow Tufano's Real Estate Investments Knowledge@Wharton High School

Watch out Donald Trump. At 15-years old, 'America's youngest landlord' buys her second home | Daily Mail Online

Florida teen landlord turns foreclosure crisis into opportunity - CBS News

This 14-year-old is a homeowner! | HLNtv.com

Meet America's Youngest Landlord - News from InsideEdition.com

14-Year-Old Girl Buys A House In Florida With Money She Made On Craigslist | The Mary Sue

OK, I'm bragging a bit

She's done over 185 National and International interviews and still continues to do speeches and interviews.

Anyway, she will be graduating high school next year. She is moving to Chicago in August to finish out school up there. She still does online school in the evenings and has her business in the daytime. She wants to buy and sell in Chicago.

It's crazy because she makes more money than I do a month and she's only 17!! She's still buying things from Goodwill, Salvation Army, Criagslist, etc. She does the occasional trash picking as well. Right now she's into buying and selling high end tennis shoes and sports jerseys. Her thing is, "how to turn trash into treasure".

Willow's plan is to attend Chicago University for business although she doesn't see the need to. She says she's never going to work for anyone and always be her own boss, which I don't doubt. She wants to teach classes in entrepreneurship and how to start up at a young age.

We opted not to go the route of reality TV after seeing the Kardashians, Teen Mom, etc. She has better things to do with her time
Wow! I think I remember reading about her, seeing some of those videos, but of course had no idea who she was. Truly amazing, but you know, she comes from amazing stock, it seems! She's an inspiration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte