U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:42 AM

1,580 posts, read 2,688,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt George View Post
Bye-Bye Spirit Air, how hungry can they possibly be........Disgraceful to say the least.

Why would you ever leave "Joisy"? I left NY in '94 and never looked back.
i had a great job in nj. due some circumstances we ended up down here. that area has changed alot. its changed alot even from 94 to now. jfk airport looks like it should be in a third world country.

i hate to see a company get hurt like that and in fact even laugh when sharpton and jackson the professional race dividers call for a boycott. but come on how low can they go. fox have the marine on tv this morning and gave him the 200 bucks back out of their pocket and he said he is donating it to wounded warriors. maybe as damage control the ceo should step up and give a very very generous contribution to wounded warriors or let wounded vets fly for free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 12:13 PM

207 posts, read 191,430 times
wow JFK that bad.....I worked there after leaving the FDNY. worked for IUOE Local 15...mostly
ran crew boats on the hudson and east rivers but when no boats available worked sometimes
at the airport, it was pretty clean back then. How do you like being "down here" PC I assume?

Good for FOX and the Marine ! Sharpton and Jackson both looking out for only themselves, some things never change.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:27 PM

not port charlotte. actually we are in englewood.

you would think after tawana brawley they would have been done. they are a bad reflection on the people that they claim to represent. everytime they get in the news it sets the country and race relations back 20 years.

its pretty layed back down here compared to nj. lot easier going. i did a good bit of traveling to the other side of florida and did not care for there at all. if thats what this side was like i would have kept looking. got 2 boys in HS, they absolutely love it. was a pretty traumatic event at first moving down but after a couple months they got over it. whole different set of values here.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:56 AM

Tawana Brawley, now there's a gruesome memory......worked as a firefighter in the South Bronx during the seventies and eighties. I was shot at, beat up, caught in the middle of the 75 black out riots AND they
put our firehouse on Monroe Ave under siege, not once but twice.

Through all of that we still tried to help the kids out, at least I got to go home to a nice neighborhood on L.I. Through all of that, I wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again...

Happy to hear your teenagers have adapted to their new surroundings.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:08 PM

395 posts, read 661,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
while it is slightly off topic it does concern veterans greatly. as many have seen on the news, spirit air refused to refund an airfare to a terminally ill marine. they refused to make an exception and stand firm on their decision. instead they offered him a partial credit to be applied in the future. problem is that his future looks pretty dim and short. i realize they have policies but a transfer of the phone call to a supervisor should have ended this issue.

i cant say what anyone else should do. i had a trip planned and will take jet blue instead. last i flew jet blue i heard the continental counter call for preboarding for an military members.
Spirit Airlines has had a change of heart. They are refunding the air fare to the ill vet. And they are donating $5000.00 to Wounded Warriors.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:23 AM

Good for them, that original stupid decision must have affected their "bottom line"....

Got something in an e mail, every Friday throughout the USofA wear something
blue in support of our troops.....Sounds good to me.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:29 AM

6,102 posts, read 13,061,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart1947 View Post
Spirit Airlines has had a change of heart. They are refunding the air fare to the ill vet. And they are donating $5000.00 to Wounded Warriors.
Only because there was so much outrage - his precious airline was seeing that it was costing him far more than $197.00!

Old 05-05-2012, 09:56 AM

528 posts, read 797,297 times
Did you see where Spiritnow wants to charge $100.00 to use the overhead bins That is rediculous

Old 05-05-2012, 11:01 AM

6,102 posts, read 13,061,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock creek View Post
Did you see where Spiritnow wants to charge $100.00 to use the overhead bins That is rediculous
Over all (except for this ridiculously stupid / ignorant blunder by the head of Spirit Airlines) I like what they have been doing. They are unbundling the prices that Airlines normally include in order to lower the prices. Most of the time my flight is 2-2-1/2 hours - honestly I'd pay less, and bring less - so long as I pay less. I'd do without the coke (and drink water before the flight - or get a coke before and after the flight - if I can make it 2-1/2 hours without one - really). I alter my flight days to Tuesday or Thursday to get the cheaper rates, so other minor things like that I'd do. Heck, I'm waiting for standing room pricing.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:24 AM

yah, i agree, i dont need anything to drink or blue potatoe chips if they want to lower my ticket price. when i fly by myself i dont check a bag, so dont charge me for that either.

the spirit ceo really stepped on it with the sick marine though. 5K to wounded warriors will not change the perception that vets have. and we are some stubborn sob's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte