U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 01:49 PM

7 posts, read 27,611 times

Advertisements

Thanks. I have the HOA rules/regulations and they are fine. We like the "interior" of section 23, however, some of the surrounding areas looked a little "sketchy" (as my kids would say). Checked out Charlotte county sheriff crime map and saw some activity over the past few months inside section 23, but more activity in the section west of i75. I just want don't wsnt to buy in an area that is possibly on decline rather than stabilizing. Sounds like it is still a neighborhood a buyer needs to go into with eyes wide open. (sometimes these are the highest yield in long term, but perhaps not wise if I needed to sell in next two years?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 03:47 PM

493 posts, read 1,205,544 times
I work in Deep Creek all the time doing contractor work for Century-Link and I feel the neighborhood is over the majority of issues with foreclosures, and is on the rise in terms of rejuvination and revitalization. Don't take too much of what people say on here as being the bottom line for making or basing decisions for your own residence. Do the homework, visit the property at different times of day, talk to the neighbors as well. I believe Deep Creek is a decent place to live, for me it simply is too far inland, for you it just might be right!

Old 05-23-2012, 03:52 PM

41 posts, read 98,743 times
Backbay, I live in Deep Creek and I can assure you the crime rate is not something to be worried about. I have two friends who are Charlotte County police officers who live in Deep Creek also, and they say the only thing they normally hear of is car break ins, and almost all of those are people who leave their cars unlocked in their driveway. One thing I did note when moving here was the number of renters, but that is becoming very common in many neighborhoods.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:32 PM

5 posts, read 9,684 times
Default No evidence of crime.....yet

I do believe the recent housing crisis has made Deep Creek an attractive area for the less desirables to move in, wether in be renting or they got a great deal on a foreclosure / short sale. What freaks me out are the garbage pickers in their dark tinted windows driving slowly by. The housing inventory in DC has shrunk prices have risen, I feel the riff raff is already here and settled in.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:04 PM

4,196 posts, read 5,227,085 times
It's hit and miss all over around here right now (Charlotte County).. If Fate means for you to become a someone who feels the results of a crime you will..
I been here 20 years in pretty much this same house..
Yet two weeks ago we had an out of state guest from NY no less..
She didnt lock her car, while nothing was stolen it was indeed rummaged thru

All of us here are very close, we all have keys to eachothers houses..
We share food and yardwork stuff like that..

We had the police here everything... thing is I didnt notice anything wrong with her car in the morning.. It was nice and cool out.. For here anyway.. I washed both cars and my truck at like 7-ish am... So I pretty much destroyed any evidence they may have found

I live on Aaron... The cop said that their was a huge amount of vehicle break ins the previous night..

He said get motion lights and never leave anything of value... some guy on quasada got his window busted B/C he had a company laptop sitting on his front seat..

Last edited by Caligula1; 05-23-2012 at 09:17 PM..

Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 PM

Default lET ME ADD..

Let me add sir or mamm this is a pretty damn good town to live if you can deal with the oppresive heat of the next few months!!! It suck's badly...

Old 05-24-2012, 06:38 AM

10,753 posts, read 15,015,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
It's hit and miss all over around here right now (Charlotte County).. If Fate means for you to become a someone who feels the results of a crime you will..
I been here 20 years in pretty much this same house..
Yet two weeks ago we had an out of state guest from NY no less..
She didnt lock her car, while nothing was stolen it was indeed rummaged thru

All of us here are very close, we all have keys to eachothers houses..
We share food and yardwork stuff like that..

We had the police here everything... thing is I didnt notice anything wrong with her car in the morning.. It was nice and cool out.. For here anyway.. I washed both cars and my truck at like 7-ish am... So I pretty much destroyed any evidence they may have found

I live on Aaron... The cop said that their was a huge amount of vehicle break ins the previous night..

He said get motion lights and never leave anything of value... some guy on quasada got his window busted B/C he had a company laptop sitting on his front seat..

Sounds like a great way to live.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:30 PM

6,235 posts, read 5,846,996 times
I just bought a lot on lake Zappa on Blue Lake Cir.. We moved to Deep Creek Sec.23 from Illinois when I retired and were looking at the Naples Estero area. We loved the quiet friendliness of the people in the area, and are looking forward to our new home overlooking the lake and island bird rookery.

Old 05-24-2012, 03:58 PM

7 posts, read 27,611 times
Thanks for help. It's been strongly suggested that we should rent for a yeAr before buying. Perhaps that will give us a better feel of the area/neighborhood

Old 05-24-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Sounds like a great way to live.
So, you think having a close knit area of neighbors for 20 years is a Bad thing..?

It is a great way to live, it was a random act of crappy-ness by most likely a bunch of teenagers.. even the cops said they suspect kids..
I love this house and all my neighbors.. It sucks I'm being forced to move...

Last edited by Caligula1; 05-24-2012 at 08:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte