U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-08-2012, 01:47 AM

8,233 posts, read 7,428,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Oh, Nancy!!
Are you saying . . . your a cougar?
Glad to see you, again!
No, but I can fantasize, can't I?

I think 61 is too old to be a cougar anyway.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2012, 12:41 PM

481 posts, read 239,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
No, but I can fantasize, can't I?

I think 61 is too old to be a cougar anyway.
If I can risk the cliche, 61 is the new 41. I don't recall thinking that when I was 41, but now that I'm 61, it's as clear as day :-))

Old 08-08-2012, 01:18 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,239,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You're kidding, right? I didn't say it was a bad place to live, so why get defensive about it?

Telling the truth isn't being negative.
I didn't say you were being negative. I didn't say you said it was a bad place to live. I am not being negative. I said I don't see that many "old" people in PC like you do in Venice. I think I saw more old people in my one trip to Venice than I've ever seen in my time in PC.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:23 PM

314 posts, read 203,019 times
Well, thank Heaven I am only 60 and can still be a Cougar! Or is that 40, by the new math. Either way I win.....I guess.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:37 PM

297 posts, read 243,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpc691 View Post
If I can risk the cliche, 61 is the new 41. I don't recall thinking that when I was 41, but now that I'm 61, it's as clear as day :-))

Old 08-10-2012, 01:08 PM

5 posts, read 4,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Hi Ralana - welcome to the board. If you have any questions you've found a great source for information. The people on the board are pretty friendly and like to help others that come here.
I'm not sure what D.C. is - the first thing that comes to my mind (coming from MD) is the District of Columbia. Love Wyoming - I'm going to travel through the west next summer!
Thank you for the welcome. I have never used a forum before so I figured why not . Still figuring out how to use it lol. By D.C. I meant distribution center. I was just being lazy and didn't want to type it all out. Wyoming is great but since I have lived here my entire life we decided to try something new. We do have tons of questions but don't know where to start yet. Well back to packing.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcguy View Post
Congratulations on your transfer! I hope you like it there, I'm still doing tons of research and working on getting down there. Did you get a position other than orderfilling? I really don't mind it if I have to orderfill for a little bit, doing office work now, kinda bored of it lol.

@ Big House D.C= Distribution Center (Wal-Mart)
They actually cancelled my job before I could sign for it I couldn't get orderfilling because I failed the orderfilling test. My husband passed though and still managed to get a recieving job. He has even signed the transfer with the same start date so we are going anyway and just hoping I can get another job in the next week. The new transfer system seems to have most of the kinks out of it finally so we are hopeful. Either way the next few weeks should be interesting. We will keep you posted. ( If we survive the drive down there with four kids, two dogs, and two cats. )

Old 08-10-2012, 01:25 PM

481 posts, read 239,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralana View Post
Thank you for the welcome. I have never used a forum before so I figured why not . Still figuring out how to use it lol. By D.C. I meant distribution center. I was just being lazy and didn't want to type it all out. Wyoming is great but since I have lived here my entire life we decided to try something new. We do have tons of questions but don't know where to start yet. Well back to packing.
Hi Ralana - welcome aboard. You'll find folks here very helpful, and they'll provide good info whenever they can. Hope you enjoy SWF - it's waaaaaayyyyyyy, waaaaaayyyyyyy different from Wyoming; just an example, I'm pretty sure there are more people in Fishin' Frank's on Saturday morning than there are in Laramie.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpc691 View Post
Hi Ralana - welcome aboard. You'll find folks here very helpful, and they'll provide good info whenever they can. Hope you enjoy SWF - it's waaaaaayyyyyyy, waaaaaayyyyyyy different from Wyoming; just an example, I'm pretty sure there are more people in Fishin' Frank's on Saturday morning than there are in Laramie.
I'm sure that is so true. lol

Old 08-11-2012, 06:30 AM

314 posts, read 203,019 times
Hello, Ralana, and welcome. Looking forward to your moving adventure stories. SWF will be a big change from Wyoming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte