Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 04:05 PM

207 posts, read 243,885 times

Advertisements

Got any "honest" and dependable mechanics around here...Kind of like
hens teeth. PC all new to me. Appreciate any advice..

George
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 05:21 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,534,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt George View Post
Got any "honest" and dependable mechanics around here...Kind of like
hens teeth. PC all new to me. Appreciate any advice..

George

Veterans Auto on Veterans Blvd.

From Kings Hwy., Take Veterans Blvd. towards 41, Veterans Auto will be about 1.5 mi. on your right. Stay in your right lane and you will see it. If you are coming from 41 where you see Target on your right and Best Buy etc. on your left, head down 41 and watch for the shop which will be on your left at that point.

Excellent service, prices are more than fair, and he won't sell you anything you don't need. Honest mechanic and his workers are too. They came highly recommended, and I've used them several times. Lucky find. So am passing it on.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:54 PM

700 posts, read 1,818,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Veterans Auto on Veterans Blvd.

From Kings Hwy., Take Veterans Blvd. towards 41, Veterans Auto will be about 1.5 mi. on your right. Stay in your right lane and you will see it. If you are coming from 41 where you see Target on your right and Best Buy etc. on your left, head down 41 and watch for the shop which will be on your left at that point.

Excellent service, prices are more than fair, and he won't sell you anything you don't need. Honest mechanic and his workers are too. They came highly recommended, and I've used them several times. Lucky find. So am passing it on.
Sounds like a winner! As an Ex Auto Tech I can attest they're mostly a bunch of rip offs (not all mind you)! I was always the honest guy, made the least $. If there is something I can help with as far as "does this seem right", DM me. I let warranty things go on our new cars because I know what will happen once my car is in their shop. Been in the biz for over 20 yrs.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:35 PM

Thank you both...think I have a bad battery in my Zook, will get an interstate tomorrow
@ auto trader, they give 10% discount to Veterans...I also have a slight oil leak and can't
seem to find where it's at??? I a parts changer but no mechanic.

George

Old 06-02-2012, 06:41 PM

1,646 posts, read 3,024,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daFrogMan View Post
Sounds like a winner! As an Ex Auto Tech I can attest they're mostly a bunch of rip offs (not all mind you)! I was always the honest guy, made the least $. If there is something I can help with as far as "does this seem right", DM me. I let warranty things go on our new cars because I know what will happen once my car is in their shop. Been in the biz for over 20 yrs.
I am an ex tech also (ASE master), worked for a GM dealer for many of my younger years....I can also attest to most shops being rip offs, dealers more so than "the corner shop guy", believe it or not. Finding the right guy is like finding gold.

I hate working on other people's cars these days but will be happy to answer any questions. Cars, boats or bikes, I think I've seen it all.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Thank you both...think I have a bad battery in my Zook, will get an interstate tomorrow
@ auto trader, they give 10% discount to Veterans...I also have a slight oil leak and can't
seem to find where it's at??? I a parts changer but no mechanic.

George

Samurai's are supposed to leak oil, it gives you something to follow to get out of the woods when lost . De-grease and wash the engine or the shop will charge you a lot to do it. Unless the leak is obvious you will probably have to to find it.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:47 PM

love it D, suppose to leak to find it That's why I leak at this age, to find my way home.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
love it D, suppose to leak to find it That's why I leak at this age, to find my way home.
I leak because beer ruined my seals

Old 06-02-2012, 07:19 PM

700 posts, read 1,818,146 times
You guys are funny! We'll have to take a looksie at your zook and see what is going on. If you do degrease, stay away from the water pump hole/vent. The degreaser will make you need a water pump in short order, unless it's part of the timing belt under a cover. My age is showing...... 70's era......

Old 06-02-2012, 07:53 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,998,719 times
I use high gear automotive in englewood. Family owned, honest and reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte