U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 09:39 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,578,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Yeah, but you have a boy who probably pees in it daily!!
HAHAHAH! Probably He's potty training now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 09:54 AM

1,468 posts, read 1,249,738 times
Thanks for all the tips! Ours says to clean the cell every 3 months, do you recommend doing it a lot more often? It sure is an easy care pool, just love it.

I want to get a sign, "I don't swim in your toilet so please don't pee in my pool!" I told our grandson that we have a pee sensor in the pool, if you pee the water will turn green and we will know. He believed it and was doing a dance to get out each time he had to go.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:13 AM

I would check the cell every so often to see if it is getting a white calcium-looking coating on the plates. If so, close the valve just beyond the chlorinator (so your acid will stay in the salt cell), and add a couple cups of acid until it reaches the top of the plates. Let it sit for a few minutes to dissolve the build-up, then open the valve, connect the union, and turn the pump back on. I clean mine about 1x per month.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:18 AM

Thanks HH, I'll tell hubby since he takes care of that end of things. Maybe he can check it the next time he cleans the filter.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:05 PM

5,634 posts, read 7,897,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
Thanks for all the tips! Ours says to clean the cell every 3 months, do you recommend doing it a lot more often? It sure is an easy care pool, just love it.

I want to get a sign, "I don't swim in your toilet so please don't pee in my pool!" I told our grandson that we have a pee sensor in the pool, if you pee the water will turn green and we will know. He believed it and was doing a dance to get out each time he had to go.
A friend of mine, in high school during gym / swimming - peed in the pool. The gym coach saw it. We all had to get out, and he has never lived it down, and never will. He turns red every time someone tells the story - As you age, that story never gets less embarrassing! But, without the slightest change of getting through the night together - someone, somewhere always tells that story.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 PM

2,154 posts, read 1,338,965 times
Well, HH's boy and your friend have something in common with Olympic athletes then! The swimmers said EVERYBODY pees in the pool!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:11 PM

Location: Port Charlotte, FL - Pasadena, People's Republic of Maryland
960 posts, read 551,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Yeah, but you have a boy who probably pees in it daily!!
I read somewhere that 75% of boys/men admit to peeing in a pool and the other 25% are lairs.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:23 AM

219 posts, read 274,535 times
Default zinc anode

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
Thanks HH, I'll tell hubby since he takes care of that end of things. Maybe he can check it the next time he cleans the filter.
if your pool guy didn't install a zinc annode in line you may want to talk with him, every salt system should have one of these it prevents corrosion in your heater and any metal fittings such as ladders and pool lights I installed one myself cost about 70.00 dollars

Old 08-16-2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mag View Post
if your pool guy didn't install a zinc annode in line you may want to talk with him, every salt system should have one of these it prevents corrosion in your heater and any metal fittings such as ladders and pool lights I installed one myself cost about 70.00 dollars
That used to be an issue with older systems. The newer systems do not leak current like before (at least from the research I've done). Plus, pools aren't constructed with ladders anymore. They have a built-in swim-out step. After 1.5 yrs, I haven't noticed any corrosion to the [very few] pieces of stainless hardware inside the pool. And trust me, I do inspect.

Old 09-05-2012, 01:55 PM

Thought I'd throw in an update on the pool. It's just about 3 months now since we've been swimming (where did that time go?). Anyway, ease of maintenance? Holy crap this has been nice. Clean the filter, clean the skimmer, brush the bottom once in a while. Only chemicals we have had to add recently was some acid.

Problems with the pool so far? None, not a one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: