Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 01:11 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,002,741 times

Advertisements

I'm an Eagles fan, so ANY bar I go into turns into an Eagles bar .

I like Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the games, if you are nice enough they put your game on one of the huge 15 foot? screens...Wings are usually very good. No smoking inside, outside has crappy TV's.

Goal Post is a nice bar but they rarely have the audio on the game you want....and no cheap beer specials. Food is pretty good, bartenders are hit or miss. Smoking allowed in the outdoor bar with nice TV's.

If you like dive bars, Q's Bar and Girl (not a misprint) will usually turn one of the two or three flat-screens on your channel with audio..cheap pitchers of beer but no food (they will give you a delivery menu though). That is a good place if you have 10 friends and want to find a place to sit at the bar and watch your game, and smoke inside...and order in food from your favorite place.

Port 'o Call is another dive bar, more busy than Q's but they have more TV's (every NFL game is on, but get there early to get a seat in front of the right TV), and they have a football pool on the 4 o'clock games. The pool is free to get into, and if you win you get free food and drinks the following Sunday in the back room while watching your game with audio on the big TV. Smoking allowed inside. Warning..this is certainly a dive bar.....

I've been to most bars around and these are my go-to football bars. I'm sure I am forgetting a couple though. I mention smoking cause I usually have money riding on the games, so I gotta smoke.

It really doesn't matter since you are a Raven's fan, you will have to sit in the back corner with a 13" TV and like it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Any idea if Beef O'Brady's watches the NASCAR races too? (Sorry, don't mean to highjack the thread.)
I thought I was the only Nascar fan left....During football season fuggetaboutit at bars. I'm looking to watch Nascar with someone that understands it though...send me a PM if you want to come over next weekend. I usually scream at the TV while my GF looks at me funny. To most people Nascar is like flushing a bunch of Skittles down the toilet....round and round.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:04 AM

By the way football fans, I run a pool every year. It is through Yahoo. PORT CHARLOTTE SHARKS GROUP ID# 27553...I just renewed it 2 minutes ago so I'm the only one registered so far, but we normally have about 20 people entered. I'm hoping for 40 this year. Free to enter but most get "in the pot", info will be posted before the year starts. This link may or may not get you to the sign up page...Password is "football". Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Pro Football Pickem - There was a problem

It is a "Pick'em" pool, not fantasy league...so it's easy, just pick the winners.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:34 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,856,529 times
Speaking of football.... how 'bout them Packers?????
<crickets crickets>

Old 08-20-2012, 10:28 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,018,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
I'm an Eagles fan, so ANY bar I go into turns into an Eagles bar .

I like Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the games, if you are nice enough they put your game on one of the huge 15 foot? screens...Wings are usually very good. No smoking inside, outside has crappy TV's.

Goal Post is a nice bar but they rarely have the audio on the game you want....and no cheap beer specials. Food is pretty good, bartenders are hit or miss. Smoking allowed in the outdoor bar with nice TV's.

If you like dive bars, Q's Bar and Girl (not a misprint) will usually turn one of the two or three flat-screens on your channel with audio..cheap pitchers of beer but no food (they will give you a delivery menu though). That is a good place if you have 10 friends and want to find a place to sit at the bar and watch your game, and smoke inside...and order in food from your favorite place.

Port 'o Call is another dive bar, more busy than Q's but they have more TV's (every NFL game is on, but get there early to get a seat in front of the right TV), and they have a football pool on the 4 o'clock games. The pool is free to get into, and if you win you get free food and drinks the following Sunday in the back room while watching your game with audio on the big TV. Smoking allowed inside. Warning..this is certainly a dive bar.....

I've been to most bars around and these are my go-to football bars. I'm sure I am forgetting a couple though. I mention smoking cause I usually have money riding on the games, so I gotta smoke.

It really doesn't matter since you are a Raven's fan, you will have to sit in the back corner with a 13" TV and like it!
I won't sit in the back! I'll sit in the FRONT, with my pitcher of Yeungling, and expect - since your an Egals fan - that I'll have a battery chucked at my head. No worries though, when that happens I know its you! LOL

Forgive me! The season hasn't even started yet - its way to early for this kinda smack talk. ;-) I don't want to get smack talk started on this forum (unless its on the fishing thread.)

Old 08-20-2012, 01:30 PM

I hate that I can't edit posts the next day after sobering up

Above I called the Portside Tavern the port-o-call.....

Old 08-20-2012, 07:38 PM

94 posts, read 177,184 times
My niece is an Eagles fan, I can deal with that easier then a squeelers fan. .But when Vick gets hurt where will the Eagles be?

so glad I have a place to do some trash talk. Guess I will be sitting with Big House in the front, maybe my husband will even come join us.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:50 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,018,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
I hate that I can't edit posts the next day after sobering up

Above I called the Portside Tavern the port-o-call.....
That's OK HarborRat! I do that all the time!

Old 08-20-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlady View Post
.......But when Vick gets hurt where will the Eagles be?
I would love to see Vick on the bench. I'd rather see Foles or Edwards any day of the week. I never thought Vick was any good.

Vick and Reid are the weak links.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:41 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,108,186 times
after what Vick did to those dogs the bench is too kind a place for him.....lets hope the Pats did some damage last night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte