Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:25 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,784,482 times

Advertisements

glad your happy and we know all the stuff you didn't type , we like it too. check out my profile photo album seen some cool stuff also.
just Saturday morning sitting on my back patio having coffee as every morning I had a startling sight . probably from the wildlife area across the way along the seawall of my canal under a bridge and then up the crushed shell walkway in my yard a b0bcat came and didn't see me until he passes the last shrub by the patio. that when he saw me and bolted my little dog never moved so fast after it also though luckily too slow.
I moved here in 2004 sold my house and came to florida what a fun time not knowing the future were id be I just drove till it was warm. living in my rv the short time looking at homes .I got here in april just in time to settle in before hurricane charley in 2004. anyway welcome annie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 03:42 AM

378 posts, read 628,864 times
Hi! Annie and welcome. I guess by your post that you found a house and not a mobile home. Glad that Florida turned on another warm winter for you.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:21 AM

531 posts, read 1,161,446 times
Hi Annie, and.....WELCOME to you and your hubby! We moved down on November 18th from colllllld NY, and ALSO LOVE IT here! Thanks for all the upbeat things you have to say about FL.......you're going to love it!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:25 AM

50 posts, read 150,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
glad your happy and we know all the stuff you didn't type , we like it too. check out my profile photo album seen some cool stuff also.
just Saturday morning sitting on my back patio having coffee as every morning I had a startling sight . probably from the wildlife area across the way along the seawall of my canal under a bridge and then up the crushed shell walkway in my yard a b0bcat came and didn't see me until he passes the last shrub by the patio. that when he saw me and bolted my little dog never moved so fast after it also though luckily too slow.
I moved here in 2004 sold my house and came to florida what a fun time not knowing the future were id be I just drove till it was warm. living in my rv the short time looking at homes .I got here in april just in time to settle in before hurricane charley in 2004. anyway welcome annie

Mike, are those your boats? Love those boats! Wow, nice pictures too. Especially the one of all the people partying by the little island south of Gasparilla. Where did you (or the photographer) shoot that picture to get that view?

Looks like you live on a gorgeous canal, how nice. We are not near the water, we're out in the country (sort of). On Bluebird Ave, which is between Toledo Blade and Chamberlain, up near Price. We have few neighbors, though we've met them, they came over right away and welcomed us to Florida, really nice people. We have empty lots next to us, we call the one with all the trees "the wild kingdom".

But we're less than a half hour drive to Port Charlotte Beach and not much further a ton of other beaches so we're thrilled about that! It's so cool to be able to be out on the water in the boat in less time now than it took us just to drive to a lake back in KY. (It was a good hour drive or more just to get to a good boating lake, then an additional half hour to prepare the boat and wait in line to put in at the ramp.)

Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 AM

Forgot to ask ... what is the yellow boat? We have a red/white Yamaha jet boat, kind of similar to yours. That yellow boat is so pretty!

Old 01-29-2013, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsky View Post
Hi! Annie and welcome. I guess by your post that you found a house and not a mobile home. Glad that Florida turned on another warm winter for you.

Yes! We started out looking for mobile homes/manufactured homes, then everything changed as we were looking around after we got here. We ended up with a house, found one that was just built, never lived in. We got brand new everything.

Yes, we're glad the weather is so nice this winter too!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen and Jim View Post
Hi Annie, and.....WELCOME to you and your hubby! We moved down on November 18th from colllllld NY, and ALSO LOVE IT here! Thanks for all the upbeat things you have to say about FL.......you're going to love it!

Hi Karen and Jim, thanks!

We do love it here, there is so much to be thankful for. Florida is so nice, North Port is a great place to live. We read all the 'bad' things that some people had written about the area and we have not experienced anything that was unpleasant. I doubt that we will, we're just too happy to be ... unhappy. Living here is different, but hey, we're not in KY anymore Toto! Can't expect it to be the same, it's not! If I wanted everything to be the same, I would've stayed there ... right?

We wanted change, and we got change and it's all been good. Even the smelly water. Oh boy, when you start up a new well and are getting that water flowing through the house, you'd better like the smell of rotten eggs! It didn't last long though, Tim figured it all out. He filled up the salt container and got some chlorine and it all settled down. That was the worst of it, the biggest change for us, figuring out the water. I'm still not used to how it feels when taking a shower, we've never had soft water before and it's so slippery! But on the brighter side, there's no monthly bill anymore, that's pretty cool. We don't pay water, sewer and gas and all we have is an electric bill! (for the air conditioning! in winter!) It'll take a long time to get used to the weather not getting cold in winter. I mean REALLY cold, like zero.

It's a lot slower life down here. The energy is calmer, you can just feel it. It's quiet, soooo quiet. You can hear the palm leaves brushing against one another in the breeze. It's amazing... I keep saying to Tim 'listen to the quiet'! It seems to us that everyone here is so much happier than the people back in KY. That's one of the first things we noticed, how everyone is smiling and friendly. The people in the grocery stores are super nice! The guys who work at Lowes and Home Depot in North Port are so friendly and helpful and laid-back. Everyone is a comedian too, made me laugh. We bought our washer and dryer from Lowes, they installed them the very next day! The guys who came to deliver/install them were so nice and smiling and happy!

We went to Venice to get our driver's licenses and the guy who helped us was so nice! We're friends now on facebook and planning to get together with him and his wife for dinner soon. That never happened back in KY! People back there are just not like that, friendly and welcoming.

Tammy helped us to find a house and she's so nice ... and she knows so much about everything around here, we love Tammy and her man, Dave.

Every single person we've come into contact with here has been super friendly, smiling and welcoming. It seems as if everyone here is just plain ... HAPPY! Why wouldn't they be happy? We're all living in Paradise!

Old 01-29-2013, 08:48 AM

Am I allowed to put a link to my facebook page? Send me a friend request and you can see the pictures I've taken of Florida.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 AM

OK, I figured out how to add some pictures to my profile here.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...e-florida.html
I get lost on this site, not easy to find my way around.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,784,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieAnnie View Post
Forgot to ask ... what is the yellow boat? We have a red/white Yamaha jet boat, kind of similar to yours. That yellow boat is so pretty!

that is a Larson,
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...craft-20sf.jpg
my other boat I stopped on the way home this summer to cool off at the PC beach

the party was a event they used to have with bands all weekend in a floating stage with people walking and swimming they held it twice a year but the website is now down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte