• Unity Church of Peace, 1250 Rutledge St. (just off Veterans Boulevard
and Torrington Street), on the North Port/Port Charlotte line: Fall
Festival, 6-10 p.m. Friday. A fundraiser for the church, it will include
a Chili Cook-Off (bring your favorite chili recipe and possibly win a
prize), a Halloween Costume Contest and music. Tickets, at $10 per
person, include chili, a side dish, a soft drink and the concert; a
pick-your-flavor ice cream bar with toppings also will be available for
just $1. The public is invited. www.unitychurchofpeace.com
, or the Rev.
Susan Wyllie, 941-629-2077.
• Genesis Christian Church and Genesis Christian School, 19150 Helena
Ave. (off Midway Boulevard, just two blocks from Kiwanis Park), Port
Charlotte: Harvest Fest, 1-4 p.m. Oct. 20. Admission is a canned food
item. Food will be provided at a minimum cost. Not a Halloween event —
no costumes. Bring lawn chairs and blankets for an old-fashioned family
day. 941-627-4849 or 941-627-0248.
• Burnt Store Presbyterian Church, sponsor, at Muscle Car City Museum,
3811 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda: Trunk o’ Treats, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Oct.
26. Children can walk from one trunk to another as the car owners hand
out treats. Also includes a bounce slide, face painting, old cars on
display, and free food and beverages. Event is free and open to the
community. Attendees who are able are invited to bring a canned good
item to share with a local food pantry. Shutterbugs encouraged to bring
cameras. Support for event coming from Publix, Home Depot, Walmart,
Sweetbay, Walgreens, Burnt Store Grille, Burnt Store Mobil, Dollar
General, C-1 Bank, Trattoria Limoncello, Muscle Car City and the Veteran
Motor Car Club of America, Southwest Florida Region. 941-639-0001 or
• Faith Lutheran Church, 4005 Palm Drive, Punta Gorda: Trunk or Treat,
6:30-8 p.m. Oct. 26. The first 100 “Trunk-or-Treaters” will receive a
treat bag and a free ice cream from Mr. Melty’s Ice Cream Truck.
• Gulf Cove United Methodist Church, 1100 McCall Road (State Road 776),
Port Charlotte: Family Fall Festival, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Oct. 27. Includes
bounce houses, games, face painting and more. Come early for a pumpkin
patch photo-op before the pumpkins are sold. Youth will sell food and
drinks. Also, Trunk or Treat, 6-7:30 p.m. Oct. 31. Safe
trick-or-treating for children; food and drinks available at Youth
Fundraiser. 941-697-1747, email@example.com
• St. Charles Borromeo Knights of Columbus 5399, sponsor, at St. Charles
Borromeo Catholic Church Parish Hall, 21505 Augusta Ave., Port
Charlotte: Fall Harvest Fundraiser Dance, 6:30-9:30 p.m. or later Oct.
27. For adults; dress up or come as you are for Halloween fun. Drinks
and snacks will be available. Music will be provided by “Happy Feet.”
Tickets cost $12.50 at the door, or $10 in advance. Proceeds to benefit
various charities throughout Charlotte County. Neil Bergman,
941-629-8807; or Bob Allen, 941-626-1529.
• Community Life Center, 19048 Edgewater Drive, Port Charlotte: Fall
Festival, 6-8:30 p.m. Oct. 28. Features games, food, candy, rides, gift
card giveaways and more. All are welcome; everything is free. 941-629-0999.