Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 02:25 PM

5,169 posts, read 4,942,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlady View Post
Food is Love in Englewood, we go just about every Sunday for breakfast. Love it!!!
Ok...you've piqued my interest. I take it the "Food is Love" is a local restaurant? Any specialty that makes it great or is it just that the food and atmosphere make it worth the trip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 03:12 PM

425 posts, read 1,104,841 times
Default Sorry Mrs Cool

like I said we arent down here enough to know the local haunts, and to say my DH is picky is an understatement!! an occasional salad and corn are about his only vegetables, and give him any meat and potato dish he is happy, there arent really any good Pizza places down there(sorry if I offend) we are in the land of PePe's up here.He does like fish and chips/ stuffed shrimp etc..,I on the other hand are more andventorous(sp). Hubby and Jim went to Sharky's last night, but once was enough for me there..If any of you have good suggestions in the North Port, Port Charlotte,Punta Gorda area.. please hook me up

Old 10-23-2012, 06:17 AM

94 posts, read 178,353 times
Food is Love is the name of the restaurant. My DH is a very picky man and after trying about 10 places for breakfast he likes this place. He says the coffee is the best he has had here and they serve scrapple.
The servers do a great job, plus they keep your cup of coffee hot with frequent refills!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:26 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,141,907 times
this place The IceHouse Pub - British Style Restaurant and Pub in Punta Gorda, Florida is pretty good. good burgers and wings. great selection of beer.

why not encourage him to hit some strip clubs up in tampa. saw on the news theye were the only establishments to get perfect scores from the health dept for their food service and prep. some of the have some really good menus. goes against the old standard of always get your beer in a bottle and never in a glass in one of those places.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:48 PM

Default Lol

yea ,I tease them about going to Emerald City in Port Charlotte, I think they are to old to be going in there but hey let em have a good time
DH is visiting his aunt and uncle in Ft Meyers tonight, but they are enjoying themselves.. Will check out those 2 places,and how about Family Table, that is right down the street from us? just asking

Old 10-23-2012, 06:19 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,141,907 times
if he isnt dead, hes not to old. haha.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:46 AM

Default Not Dead

My husband's aunt told us that Florida is God's waiting room

Old 10-24-2012, 04:30 AM

401 posts, read 534,312 times
Well, here I'm sitting I'm looking at snow flurries...

But, heading to PC next week..can't wait!

Old 10-24-2012, 07:43 AM

378 posts, read 629,162 times
Oh, us too. Next week all going well. Dreading the sight of our yard. I think the lawn guy has been less than diligent this summer.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:43 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmallie View Post
yea ,I tease them about going to Emerald City in Port Charlotte, I think they are to old to be going in there but hey let em have a good time
DH is visiting his aunt and uncle in Ft Meyers tonight, but they are enjoying themselves.. Will check out those 2 places,and how about Family Table, that is right down the street from us? just asking
Family table is pretty good. Owner and staff very friendly and service is good. They have liver and onions and not too many places have it so I enjoyed it. They had a nice menu, give it a try!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte