U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 AM

1,688 posts, read 2,065,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Deep Creek is in unincorporated Punta Gorda, and you're lucky to have a PG zip code to maintain PG credibility. On the "other side" of the bridge kinda' like the other side of the tracks. It's really in Port Charlotte,
Deep Creek (which, to me, is nothing to write home about).

So what are you trying to say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2013, 03:30 PM

199 posts, read 427,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max.b View Post
By bad neighborhoods I meant ones with high rates of street crime, drivers blasting music from their cars, etc.
Someone told me recently that in Florida, all neighborhoods are bad, in this sense. Is this true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
Ok, someone told me that in California, all neigborhoods are bad due to high rates of street crime, drivers blasting music from their cars, etc. Is this true ??...
Oh heck, let's just cut to the chase - someone told me that in the entire US, all neighborhoods are bad due to high rates of street crime, drivers blasting music from their cars, etc. Is this true??.....

To paint an entire state with the same broad brush is a little silly, if you ask me. Just about every neighborhood in every town in every state will have a mixture of both good and bad. The neighborhood I live in here in FL is every bit as quiet and safe as the one I lived in up in New Hampshire - and WAY more friendly. I'm sure you could probably find bad neighborhoods in Alaska, Iowa and Vermont. In fact, I'm willing to bet that the only places on earth you're going to find 0 crime are the places where there are 0 people living there.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:41 PM

10,743 posts, read 14,997,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
So what are you trying to say?

I do believe I was following up on Vegasboy's post above. re Deep Creek

Old 01-27-2013, 05:00 PM

1,688 posts, read 2,065,120 times
ive found that all towns pretty much in florida have really nice neighborhood right next to some pretty bad.
I went to buy a boat at a house in Bradenton a few years ago as I was driving the area got more and more seedy looking I was about to forget it it was so bad an area then my gps had me turn the next corner and I was in millions dollar houses on the water one street over from dumps Ville

Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 PM

392 posts, read 413,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemidancer View Post
Oh heck, let's just cut to the chase - someone told me that in the entire US, all neighborhoods are bad due to high rates of street crime, drivers blasting music from their cars, etc. Is this true??.....

To paint an entire state with the same broad brush is a little silly, if you ask me. Just about every neighborhood in every town in every state will have a mixture of both good and bad. The neighborhood I live in here in FL is every bit as quiet and safe as the one I lived in up in New Hampshire - and WAY more friendly. I'm sure you could probably find bad neighborhoods in Alaska, Iowa and Vermont. In fact, I'm willing to bet that the only places on earth you're going to find 0 crime are the places where there are 0 people living there.
Oh heck, let's just cut to the chase - someone told me that in the entire WORLD, all neighborhoods are bad due to high rates of street crime, drivers blasting music from their cars, etc. Is this true??.....

That was my point as well..

Old 01-28-2013, 04:47 AM

3,574 posts, read 5,797,161 times
I hear the moon is a ghetto..............................

Old 01-28-2013, 05:16 AM

Location: Port Charlotte, FL - Pasadena, People's Republic of Maryland
2,937 posts, read 2,818,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
I hear the moon is a ghetto..............................
Damn rocks and meteorites littered about everywhere. The martians evidently take no pride in their yards. I've even heard there are a few junk rovers laying about (oops. I think those are ours!).

Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 AM

3,574 posts, read 5,797,161 times
I heard Uranus is a hot place

Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 AM

199 posts, read 427,563 times
You guys are a riot - I love this forum!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:45 AM

392 posts, read 413,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
I heard Uranus is a hot place

My what????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte