U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 AM

6,102 posts, read 13,060,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
My what????
Don't be too shocked - Mr Sunshine is british, so you never know.
Mrs. Sunshine would probably be a tad more shocked than you though!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 AM

3,575 posts, read 5,804,495 times
gotcha....its like the old joke

pupil 'maam maam how large is uranus'
teacher ' smaller than mars'..............

theres always the great one asking someone to page Hugh Jarse (try saying it quickly..)

i wont say the rude one

Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 AM

392 posts, read 413,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Don't be too shocked - Mr Sunshine is british, so you never know.
Mrs. Sunshine would probably be a tad more shocked than you though!
I`m not shocked, I`m just flattered..it`s been a while since anyone said my body parts were hot

Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 AM

12 posts, read 15,141 times
Deep Creek is a mixed bag, depending on what you want from a housing community. It is part of Punta Gorda. It does not matter that it is north of the river and geographically should belong to Port Charlotte, the developers arranged for it to be legally part of the City of Punta Gorda. So it is.

Deep Creek is primarily a residential community with very few businesses in its borders. Those that are there pay a very high price to be there. It is deed restricted so if you don't mind rules about how long your trash container can sit at the curb on trash days or how many centimeters high your grass can be or what your mailbox has to look like or how many plants you must have in your front yard and you don't mind retirees with nothing better to do than drive around with clipboards, cameras and rulers to make sure not a violation is in sight, Deep Creek is the place for you.

Deep Creek is the very demonstration of "big brother" with how many restrictions and requirements they have for how you can live in your home and if you could ever make changes to it. However, everyone who is there chose to live there and submit to all those rules.

I'd just recommend getting a realtor to help you find a home for rent or sale there. Deep Creek has a rule that signs in yards can be no bigger than a business card so when a home is for sale, the sign is ridiculously small and no one can read it. On the bright side, the neighborhood is diversifying. There's still the people who measure their home value by the color of their neighbor's skin and they're a drag to live around but I suppose that generation is dying off slowly but surely.

The parks are very sparse in Deep Creek. I can think of one off-hand. For that big of a residential area, that's not very good, especially since there's an elementary school just outside of it that has been named after it. There is not much in the way of public amenities to speak of. In my previous comment, I mentioned Jockey Club in North Port. That area is much prettier, friendlier and has amenities for the community to enjoy. You get something for your money. There is nothing like that in Deep Creek.

There's a variety of different housing available in Deep Creek. There are apartments, duplexes and single family homes. There is age-based housing for elderly and assisted living facilities. I would call any of the prices reasonable for what they are. The misconception that more rules somehow makes an area safer or better allows the area to increase its pricing but it is not any safer or better. In fact, in many ways, it is worse than parts of Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte.

Lots of people live there, though, so it's not like it's impossible to live there or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte