Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 10:00 PM

774 posts, read 1,777,972 times

Advertisements

Are there good and bad neighborhoods of Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda, or are they fairly homogeneous? If there are bad neighborhoods, is there a map showing them?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 05:17 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,546,075 times
It depends on your definition of good and bad neighborhoods. Are you looking to purchase a home, rent a home or just wondering what the area is like? If you are talking about good and bad in relation to crime rates then you can check the Charlotte County Sheriffs Department web site for crime statistics - Crime Statistics. You can look at the event report by date and you can click on the crime map button to see crime reports by location.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:52 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,083,850 times
As much as I love the area, I have to admit there are good and bad areas. Your realtor will give you better information than I can. And your definition of good and bad. Good - near the water, bad near a water treatment plant. Good - next to a strip joint, bad next to a crabby old stripper. Good next to a golf course, bad in a haunted forest. Good near the water, bad in a foot of water. Good near me, bad near someone who will come over and drink all your Yuengling. ;-)

Old 11-29-2012, 11:59 PM

By bad neighborhoods I meant ones with high rates of street crime, drivers blasting music from their cars, etc.

Someone told me recently that in Florida, all neighborhoods are bad, in this sense. Is this true?

Old 11-30-2012, 03:48 AM

401 posts, read 534,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max.b View Post
By bad neighborhoods I meant ones with high rates of street crime, drivers blasting music from their cars, etc.

Someone told me recently that in Florida, all neighborhoods are bad, in this sense. Is this true?

Ok, someone told me that in California, all neigborhoods are bad due to high rates of street crime, drivers blasting music from their cars, etc. Is this true ??...

Old 11-30-2012, 05:48 AM

3,179 posts, read 5,999,595 times
Just stop responding to this guy. All he does is try to stir up trouble and ask ridiculously impossible questions.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 AM

401 posts, read 534,179 times
My thoughts as well..

Old 11-30-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingen View Post
Ok, someone told me that in California, all neigborhoods are bad due to high rates of street crime, drivers blasting music from their cars, etc. Is this true ??...
No, some neighborhoods / towns are pretty nice. The nice areas (e.g. La Jolla, Santa Monica) tend to have very expensive real estate though. The appropriate California forums would be a better place to ask about the specifics, if you were really interested.

See? I'm not offended by your question. Why is it that I'm getting the feeling that this one subforum is bitter and insecure?

Old 11-30-2012, 02:28 PM

3,179 posts, read 5,999,595 times
Quote:
Why is it that I'm getting the feeling that this one subforum is bitter and insecure?
Not at all. Just sick of your open-ended, impossible-to-answer questions. And when people do respond, you NEVER like the answers, so you keep prying like a 10 yr old.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:35 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,963,043 times
Quote:
No, some neighborhoods / towns are pretty nice. The nice areas (e.g. La Jolla, Santa Monica) tend to have very expensive real estate though. The appropriate California forums would be a better place to ask about the specifics, if you were really interested.

See? I'm not offended by your question. Why is it that I'm getting the feeling that this one subforum is bitter and insecure?
Hmmm....ever actually been to Santa Monica? Yes, there are extremely nice areas, but like everyplace else (OK, except LaJolla, maybe), there are plenty of places you wouldn't want to be after dark. There are plenty of areas where RE is 1/2 the price of Santa Monica, yet are much safer; they just don't have a beach, which is the factor driving the property values; being next door to Malibu doesn't hurt either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte