U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 11-30-2012, 01:04 PM

613 posts, read 321,253 times
Default PC boil water notice...

Boil water notice issued in Charlotte Co. - ABC-7.com WZVN News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Anyone have details? All this over a drop in water pressure? Seems fishy....I've drank a few gallons since last night without knowing
Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-30-2012, 02:26 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,207,167 times
Usually when there is a drop in pressure and a boil water notice, that means a water main failure. I noticed our pressure drop last night for a couple of hours, but the Spring Lake area was not in the boil water notice area.

Unread 11-30-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
...... but the Spring Lake area was not in the boil water notice area.
You sure about that? I thought all east of Collingswood Blvd was effected but can't find a map of the affected area. I am just SW of you and thought I was in the area. I'm south of Edgewater between Collingswood and Midway.

Unread 11-30-2012, 04:25 PM

232 posts, read 129,544 times
Called water Dept last night asked if because of pressure drop (less than 80 psi) asked the person answering the phone if a boil order was in effect and was told NO........

So once again too little too late for ALL of us using water it won't matter now we all ready have ingested the potentially contaminated water.
GOOD COMMUNICATION WATER DEPARTMENT!!!!!!

Unread 11-30-2012, 04:28 PM

1,798 posts, read 1,207,167 times
Yeah on the 10:00 news last night only a small portion of PC was under the notice. Now tonights news says everyone is until sunday. Who knows....

Unread 11-30-2012, 04:30 PM

From ABC 7 NEWS: QUOTE

"CHARLOTTE COUNTY - Officials with Charlotte County Utilities say a boil water notice has been issued for parts of Deep Creek and Port Charlotte after a water outage Thursday night.
Charlotte County Utilities issued the precautionary boil water notice for portions of the service area east of Collingswood Boulevard - including from the Town Center Mall to the Peace River bridges.
There was a failure at the Peace River water treatment plant at approximately 8 p.m. Thursday. Repairs have already been made and the system's water pressure was returned to normal within an hour.
Because the water pressure dropped to below 20 psi, customers are asked to boil their water intended for drinking or cooking at a rolling boil for a minimum of one minute. They should do so until further notice."

Unread 11-30-2012, 04:36 PM

GF just got back from Walmart...we usually refill our 5gal water cooler jug there. Not surprisingly the machine is out of order due to the notice (it is just ro/di filtered tap water). Bottles it is I guess. I'll be drinking plenty of beer the next few days, as always...the alcohol should kill any bacteria I already ingested .

Unread 11-30-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarborRat View Post
GF just got back from Walmart...we usually refill our 5gal water cooler jug there. Not surprisingly the machine is out of order due to the notice (it is just ro/di filtered tap water). Bottles it is I guess. I'll be drinking plenty of beer the next few days, as always...the alcohol should kill any bacteria I already ingested .

BEER! I like the way you think!!!!!!

Unread 11-30-2012, 05:07 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,412,839 times
Big House will be moving to PC to join in the beer drinking :-)

Unread 11-30-2012, 07:40 PM

764 posts, read 357,791 times
I wonder if making coffee is ok its not realy boiling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte