U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-19-2012, 01:45 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,249,738 times
Default Salvation Army Christmas gifts

Did anyone see this story on last night's news? Woman says Angel Tree gifts fell short - My Suncoast: Local News

I really really really feel this woman is ungrateful and it bugged me that she had the nerve to complain on the news that the gifts she received for her children were not adequate. Granted, they were not expensive gifts but never the less SOMEONE took the time to provide something for HER children. Really makes you think twice about doing something nice for someone you don't even know.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 PM

1,074 posts, read 778,538 times
Wow. That's pretty crappy... my family filled stockings this year (the same type that was in the photo). I hope they're appreciated, at least by the kids, if not the parents. :/

Old 12-19-2012, 03:12 PM

737 posts, read 470,045 times
47% and counting, the future looks bright

What an ungrateful B1t@H

Old 12-19-2012, 03:22 PM

1,468 posts, read 1,249,738 times
Thing I noticed is she had plenty of money for several tattoos and what appeared to be false eyelashes but no money for the kids for Christmas?? Priorities.............

Old 12-19-2012, 03:26 PM

Location: Port Charlotte, FL - Pasadena, People's Republic of Maryland
960 posts, read 551,850 times
Sadly, I'm not surprised. When I worked for the fire department (not in Fl) every station would make up a Thanksgiving basket with a turkey and all the trimmings, and then would donate it a local family in need, the name of which we would get from a local church. One year after we delivered the basket, the recipient called the station, not to thank us but to complain that there was no butter in the basket, wanting us to deliver that too.
I find it baffling how people look at the help and/or generosity of others and then have the gall to complain or demand more. I pray that I never sink to that level.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:58 PM

21,626 posts, read 30,599,066 times
Giving free trinkets from a McDonald's Happy Meal is slightly tacky but being an ungrateful mother that feels entitled and is probably raising kids that expect handouts is absolutely appalling. Going on television to complain about free gifts is ghastly. Then again, she probably feels that the silver front tooth is attractive.

Gah!

Old 12-20-2012, 06:39 AM

923 posts, read 525,583 times
Speaking of the salvation army. I wonder how the bell ringer collections are doing? Me i never have cash or change much when i enter publix and use my card

Old 12-20-2012, 09:49 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,808,309 times
typical of the -want it on a plate society, she is probabaly p1ssed she didnt get the Mcdonalds instead of the toys so she could stuff her fat face. whats to stop her getting off her lazy ass and earning some money to pay for her own things rather than rely on peoples goodwill................. she is just annoyed cos she told her kids they were getting bikes ,she could always trade her tooth..............

Old 12-20-2012, 10:31 AM

1,074 posts, read 576,936 times
Why not work at Walmart or some other department store for the holiday season? Not only would she get extra money, but a percentage off her Christmas items. Write her off for next Christmas...

Old 12-20-2012, 12:26 PM

21,626 posts, read 30,599,066 times
I've been thinking about this since yesterday. She was absolutely furious! She really believes that other people should provide for her kids. As a mother of four I can't imagine thinking that other people should take care of my children and give them presents. And I say this as a single mom that doesn't receive child support and is writing this at my desk during a lunch break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte