Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 05:14 PM

413 posts, read 825,904 times

Advertisements

I am looking at a 23' walk around cuddy it is a Sea Ox 230C anyone know of this boat? Pro's/con's

Thanks
Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 06:05 AM

5,143 posts, read 4,909,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dave View Post
I am looking at a 23' walk around cuddy it is a Sea Ox 230C anyone know of this boat? Pro's/con's

Thanks
Dave
I have no personal experience with this boat, but there are numerous posts about them on The Hull Truth.
Try: The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum - Search Results

Good luck with your boat search!

Old 12-28-2012, 12:26 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,776,563 times
One thing to note Chris is a simmila size boat will draft less with twins over a big single as the twins sre higher off to each side then thebsingke sticking below the center of the hull

Here my take on it if tour not a fishaholic. E ter. Onsoles genersly dont have allt of vreat seating. I wouldnt mind a nice deckbost. If you do eant to fish andhave somthing you wouldnt mind a little blood in maybe a walkaround if you need a small cabin and head or a duel. Console. For just cruising i like a boat that has a sindow i can rest my arm on and lean on. That why i got the larson. I dont alway want to fish. And like a little more. Oncort then a cc offers. The. Harlotte aounty bost show should be arount the 18 of january
You could compare.

Last edited by MikeM8560; 12-28-2012 at 12:36 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 05:08 PM

700 posts, read 1,812,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
One thing to note Chris is a simmila size boat will draft less with twins over a big single as the twins sre higher off to each side then thebsingke sticking below the center of the hull

Here my take on it if tour not a fishaholic. E ter. Onsoles genersly dont have allt of vreat seating. I wouldnt mind a nice deckbost. If you do eant to fish andhave somthing you wouldnt mind a little blood in maybe a walkaround if you need a small cabin and head or a duel. Console. For just cruising i like a boat that has a sindow i can rest my arm on and lean on. That why i got the larson. I dont alway want to fish. And like a little more. Oncort then a cc offers. The. Harlotte aounty bost show should be arount the 18 of january
You could compare.
Thanks Mike, I was hoping someone was going to give me a larson with a blown motor but that never happened Hey, I asked.
Still looking, job thing is iffy so I'm taking it easy. Heck, the other week I got 2 trout off the dock. Mmmmmm. Time to go crabbin' again.
Thx
(good info btw)

Old 12-28-2012, 07:00 PM

got her running sweet now chris
larson wake

Last edited by MikeM8560; 12-28-2012 at 07:11 PM..

Old 12-30-2012, 08:49 AM

Quote:
got her running sweet now chris
larson wake
Looks great! I don't remember the upholstery looking that good. Did you redo it?

Old 12-31-2012, 09:41 PM

thanks
yes I did

Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
thanks
yes I did

You know, you should probably get in the canvas, upholstery business! Ooopps, you already are! Sweet work!

Old 01-04-2013, 06:25 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,054,358 times
I agree with Pcozad1, one boat here is NOT enough, nor is it the right boat.
You wife WILL tell you, you need a cruiser!!
If you want to hang on the fishing thread - you need the boat you have, which is the most versatile.
However, you will also wish for a flats boat to get into the shallow areas especially during snook and red seasons.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I agree with Pcozad1, one boat here is NOT enough, nor is it the right boat.
You wife WILL tell you, you need a cruiser!!
If you want to hang on the fishing thread - you need the boat you have, which is the most versatile.
However, you will also wish for a flats boat to get into the shallow areas especially during snook and red seasons.
She did tell me we needed a cruiser. Our last boat was a 47' FBMY with twin diesels, gen, twin a/c's, tv's, two heads, washer/dryer, etc. Went from Ft Myers through the keys and up to the Chesapeake with it. Our dink was an 11' whaler. However now we are in the 'shallows' and under a 10' bridge so our needs have changed. We still think about getting a 40+ MY an just going to the keys. BUT we'd have to give up our waterfront with pool gig. Guess it's a trade off.

Ok, more boats it is! Even a 12' aluminum with a 9.9 is sweet!

Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte