Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2013, 02:53 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,270 times

Advertisements

I was listening to the Radio this morning and the story was that NP property is selling fast and if you want to buy now is the time.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 04:15 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,372,861 times
Our secret must be out. We love it here.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:40 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,148,424 times
a number of us have been saying it for a while...prices will only continue to go up for a good time from now.
the absolute best time to have bought was between 1 and 3 years ago

Old 02-15-2013, 06:05 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,546,851 times
New listings are coming on the market daily. So there is still a lot to choose from. It's not too late. But the prices have been going up. I have seen a lot of normal sale listings too, not just foreclosures and short sales. This is the time of year when we get multiple offers on some homes.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:32 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,623,259 times
I see the overall year to year numbers went up, but they went down fast extremely fast. I wouldn't go with the notion of you have to buy now before it's too late. Most of these homes are bought by out of state people and some foreigners that wanted to get in while the going is good. The economy is so, so. Gas is going up daily and the economy is stagnant. Until there is a big jump in the reduction of unemployment I think the housing market rises slowly from here. If people don't get off the unemployed rolls it's hard for sales to take off. You don't want home prices to take off or we'll be back in the same boat as 2008-2011. JMHO. Jersey Man

Old 02-16-2013, 06:12 AM

180 posts, read 450,328 times
Default NOW is always the best time...

I think the situation is improving all over SWF, for certain, but the statistics aren't nearly as 'rosey' as the anecdotes. The statistics always lag behind, of course, but that's the thing to really watch.

I live in PGI and there is a bunch of inventory.....I mean A BUNCH!

Old 02-16-2013, 06:59 AM

137 posts, read 331,158 times
North Port is actually outperforming the other towns and cities of the area. North Port was the epicenter of the housing boom, but also, the subsequent housing bust. We still have a long way to go in the recovery but the factors that led to the boom in the first place are still in place. You can buy a larger and newer home in North Port when compared to Sarasota or Venice. I was just working with a couple who had been considering buying their retirement home in Venice and they found a nice home in North Port that would have cost more than twice as much had it been located in Venice.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:46 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,623,259 times
Default I live in PGI and there is a bunch of inventory.....I mean A BUNCH!

I am looking there now. I looked at several foreclosures and prior high purchases. One was sold for 955,000 6 years ago and is listed for 540 with no offers to date. Another sold for 1,2 mill and the owner can't get 680 now. They were way overpriced to begin with and will never see them prices again in our lifetimes. If they do the same thing will happen. As for Northport the prices seem to be alot cheaper. The graph posted says the average home last month sold for 112K. They are at a price point where they are a good deal. Someone posted awhile ago that an investment firm I think blackwater was buying these homes sight unseen which drives up prices. Well anyway from being a northerner a home priced at 112K cannot be found up here.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:24 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,000,137 times
How are gulf-access, waterfront vacant lots selling in the PC area? Thinking about keeping ours for a few more years before deciding what to do with it, but just thought I'd ask.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:18 AM

137 posts, read 331,158 times
New construction is happening in communities like Talon Bay and Cypress Falls, because there is very little inventory in North Port. I also see new construction occurring here and there as I drive around the city. We still have a long way to go, but the actual statistics show that right now, North Port is outperforming the greater Sarasota market as a whole, in price appreciation, and has less months of inventory available. North Port is still a relative bargain compared to Sarasota and Venice. You can buy a newer and larger home for less money and also save on homeowner insurance while still being part of Sarasota County and the Sarasota County school district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte