U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 12:18 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,792,559 times

Advertisements

I was just out walking my dog and I saw two men putting up a for rent sign. They told me a company out of California is buying 60,000 homes in Florida, rehabbing them and renting them with a 2 year lease with an option to buy. The back of their truck was filled with signs. Blue and white is what you will see. Their website is invitationhomes.com I thought I would post this for anyone who is looking for a rental. I only saw the outside of the home that they were putting the sign on but it looked really nice, fresh paint and landscaping. He also said that they are having a 3 week turn around time for the time the sign goes up until they have a tenant.

So I guess this is a good thing to get these homes occupied and hopefully let people get back to owning their own home at some point. I'm sure I'm missing something but its information some may want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 02:10 PM

3,961 posts, read 8,511,840 times
Thanks for posting that. Right now we have more tenants that we have homes. They have quite a list on their web site.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,792,559 times
They sure do have a lot and if what those men told me there are going to be many more to come. Only problem I see is those that were looking to buy one of these homes when they came on the market will be out of luck. The one they were putting the sign up at today was never listed I guess they are working directly with the banks and getting them off their books. You as a real estate professional, what is your take on this? Do you thinkit will help since they are doing option to buy? I know people need rentals and their prices appear to be reasonable.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:07 PM

62 posts, read 156,833 times
I think this is a good thing! Let this company come in and by all the foreclosed homes, short sales or whatever, fix them up and get good tenants in there, not like these investors that buy the houses and rent them out to section 8.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM

11 posts, read 22,629 times
There's an article about this in the WSJ from last October.

Invitation Homes is the creation of private equity giant Blackstone Group LP and a couple of partners from Texas and Arizona. Blackstone is reportedly spending over one billion (yes that's a billion) on rental homes. Apparently they are not the only big players in the market. Google 'rental markets big buyers' to find the article.

I think I'll hold out for a locally owned rental. I can see this as being a nightmare for tenants.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:01 PM

1,917 posts, read 1,991,384 times
I don't know how many properties are for sale in North Port but they own at least 26 houses there that would otherwise be on the market. That has to have an impact on pricing.

If the large investment firms are purchasing real estate that can only be seen a a good sign for the market in the future.

Gary

Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 AM

137 posts, read 269,732 times
It is helpful as far as making homes available to renters, but their buying spree (with cash) is also hurting first-time home buyers hoping to finance their purchase as it puts these folks at a big disadvantage. So, like most things, there are pluses as well as minuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte