Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 07:36 AM

133 posts, read 170,736 times

Advertisements

Now that my lot line dispute has been resolved (Favorably) I am on to my next dilemma. Being a new home owner in PC I am finding it very frustrating trying to get workmen to show up and if they do sometimes its day later than they promise. I have tried to do my research, angieslist, homeadvisor etc but it doesnt seem to matter. I have contacted numerous pool companies to come out and give me some direction as to getting my pool/spa leak repaired. I have had several who come out, take a look and then don't get back to us. I feel as though many just want the weekly maintenance business or replace existing mechanics which are all working perfectly so far. I do realize that there are different licenses for different degrees of pool care and have only been contacting those that are licensed to do construction/repairs. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable pool repair business? I am at wits end here and can't wait to see my water bill! Any help with this matter will be sooooo appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 08:55 AM

535 posts, read 1,023,645 times
Well, welcome to paradise. People not returning calls and not showing up are the norm here I wish I knew the answer. They complain about jobs then they are a no show. Don't add up. As far as a pool co. I have had good luck with Casa pools they came right out and repaired. Replaced several cracked tiles in my pool granted the tiles had to be ordered but in a week they came back and the tiles were a perfect match and they did a nice clean job

Old 05-03-2013, 09:42 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,354,365 times
You could try superior pools. I don't know if they do repairs on pools they haven't built but their quality and workmanship is beyond compare.

Old 05-03-2013, 12:52 PM

3,179 posts, read 5,957,331 times
Is the pool itself leaking or the pipes? My neighbor just had a guy find his leak(he pressure tests the pipes first, then gets in the pool and finds any cracks). He was on time and reasonably priced. I will ask him for the #

Old 05-03-2013, 02:19 PM

5,097 posts, read 4,860,945 times
I had Superior Pools redo my pool last year, redoing the plaster, tiles, and decking around it. I have some minor complaints but overall am satisfied.
As far as leak detection goes, I used a company (Sleuth Leak Detection) to find a leaking pipe under my slab. I believe they locate leaks in pools as well, but they don't handle the repair. You'd have to find someone else to do the repair work.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:09 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,488,808 times
I have used and some of my buyers have used Fulton Pools. Talk to John or Colin. (941) 625-7929 They will come out and give you a free estimate. I use them when my buyers have a pool and want it looked at during the home inspection.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:12 PM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I will get on the phone tomorrow and see where this next adventure takes me. I will post results. (If there are any, LOL)

Old 05-03-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
Is the pool itself leaking or the pipes? My neighbor just had a guy find his leak(he pressure tests the pipes first, then gets in the pool and finds any cracks). He was on time and reasonably priced. I will ask him for the #
Harbor, would be very interested in the name of your neighbor's pool company......

Old 05-03-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doxies View Post
Harbor, would be very interested in the name of your neighbor's pool company......
Still waiting for his response. It wasn't a pool company, but rather leak detection & repair

Old 05-05-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doxies View Post
The company name is Aqua Leak 941.270.6138
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte