Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:59 AM

1,721 posts, read 2,785,732 times

Advertisements

Speaking if old
Anyone remember Heffreffer beer Huge bottled with a picture puzzle under the cap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2014, 06:26 AM

5,169 posts, read 4,942,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
Speaking if old
Anyone remember Heffreffer beer Huge bottled with a picture puzzle under the cap?
I think we're about the same age but I don't remember that! Maybe it was regional?

Old 12-02-2014, 07:19 AM

325 posts, read 507,453 times
How about some Mad Dog 20/20? Was not my cup of tea but a lot of people drank it in the area I worked in when I was a cop.

Old 01-05-2015, 06:38 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,304 times
I'm sorry but pizza and Florida don't go hand in hand like pizza and Staten Island! Now fresh seafood you are talking!

Old 01-05-2015, 07:34 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,683,327 times
You guys from New Jersey and Staten Island need to come over the bridge to Howard Beach, Queens to New Park Pizza. In my humble opinion, the best round pizza that can be gotten by the slice. Yes it is the water that makes the difference. Add in fresh ingredients with the right balance, backed in a brick lined salted oven, and you have perfection. As SeaRay35 mentioned above, when it comes to fresh seafood, Florida is the real deal.

Old 01-05-2015, 08:08 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,826 times
Most the seafood we eat in florida was FROZEN.. much of it is NOT from Florida waters..

Old 01-06-2015, 05:57 AM

517 posts, read 1,092,183 times
For cheap and delicious, if you have time, try making it yourself.

Yes, I know eyes are rolling and BS meters are going into overdrive--after all, most of us don't have the years of experience, or the recipe from "the old country," or the brick oven, or the ability to perfectly toss the pizza dough in the air while making it look easy.

But back in my impoverished student days, I once had a roommate who wanted good pizza at a cheap price and experimented with recipes and eventually made awesome pizza for little $. That was decades ago, so I've unfortunately lost the recipe that I made sure to take with me when I left but never got around to using. It had some whole wheat fllour along with white--have no idea of whether or not that whole wheat flour had anything to do with why it came out so well even though made at home in an ordinary kitchen.

Sorry I no longer have the recipe to share, but I'm sure there are good ones on the Internet. So maybe give it a try, and Buon appetito!

Old 01-06-2015, 06:47 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
You guys from New Jersey and Staten Island need to come over the bridge to Howard Beach, Queens to New Park Pizza. In my humble opinion, the best round pizza that can be gotten by the slice. Yes it is the water that makes the difference. Add in fresh ingredients with the right balance, backed in a brick lined salted oven, and you have perfection. As SeaRay35 mentioned above, when it comes to fresh seafood, Florida is the real deal.

Old 01-06-2015, 07:47 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,826 times
City__Datarer: At Least for me.. Many Things and food is surely among them.... that I thought was good at age 20-25 I would now consider undesireable at best.

Water makes The pizza???? Bad water can make bad pizza, if its really bad,highly chlorinated City Water ( Or Iron blablabla) because it will effect the yeast!... EVERTHING else is pretty much @#$%^&* URBAN Myths.. If someone is telling you that their water makes it better ( what ever it is ?) they are telling you that the local or YOUR water is total crap..
IT's WHY Starbuck's Caribou, most GOOD coffee shops use High End Water filteration systems..

Old 01-06-2015, 08:10 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Most the seafood we eat in florida was FROZEN.. much of it is NOT from Florida waters..
We have been to PG 4 times since February, 2014. I was surprised how hard it was to find fresh Florida seafood. Basa?, Swai?, Tilapia??? Give me a break!!

Since then we have found good sources for fresh FL seafood. (cant wait to catch my own!).

Sorry to hijack the thread.. back to pIzZa!

Mike G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte