Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 12:54 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,086,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknut1 View Post
That's good stuff to know about a Carolina. That's the great thing about talking with you guys. I would rule out the Carolina then. What do you guys think would be more of a hybrid boat cause the wife would not do well with a real rough ride would like to stay as dry as possible to.
If you can afford the gas, I would step up to something in the 27 + size class - if you plan on your wife going with you a lot. I have a couple friends though that have 28' Grady whites with (2) 250 hp engines, and they can suck up 24 gallons an hour cruising. That can be a long term impediment. It is important to understand the operating and maintenance costs BEFORE you plunk down a lot of $$.

Good LUCK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 01:01 PM

50 posts, read 68,304 times
Big House a lot to consider before I buy something. Perhaps a little smaller Grady might give the fit I'm looking for I doubt that I would do much blue water fishing. I see myself more in the Harbor and the Peace River. I think I need to focus on what would give me the best ride in those two fishing areas. A top notch bay boat might be a.....??

Old 04-15-2014, 05:50 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post

I have a 21' Sea Hunt Center console fishing boat with a 115 yamaha, and it will run 30 knots. It gets around the harbor really well. I usually start out fishing for bait, and then run down to the larger holes, or near the pass, or Bocillia, or the Pine Island Bridge are to fish for bigger fish, although sometimes I just catch bait, and fish near Marker 1, 2, & 3 at the North end of the Harbor. I run a lot, and this boat is affordable. I plan on using it for a while longer because I love to fish and so do all my guests. That said, I plan on upgrading to a cruiser for some traveling.
if you really enjoy your fishinh this hard about the cruiser unless you have 2. when I moved here I bought a home not on the water and had fishing boats at first. trophy a near new cobia 21' great ride and a 23 quest with twine 175 for offshore.
I misded living on the water here so I bough larger 31 silvertom then a 32 trawler so I could stay on the water but missed my small boat and shallow water access. so tthen I bought here with a bridge and I had to downgrade. I don't see me wanting a criuiser again in the near future and if I had one it be a second boat and sit tied up most of the year. not that ive had my boat out latly ive been so busy

Old 04-15-2014, 06:40 PM

93 posts, read 185,871 times
There is a boat builder near Tampa that has been building a 23 for a while now. I haven't seen it in person but it looks nice from the pictures. I don't think he uses any wood in the construction. The builder is Epic Marine and has a good following on www.thehulltruth.com, and his web address is. www.epic23.com. He may put in a head I really don't know. I hope this helps.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:56 AM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,141 times
I did some work on a epic bayboat this winter Verry well layed out.
I dont get to fide in them bun the owner was happy after selling a larger 25' CC i sorked on last season he diceded for his needs on the hardbor and rivers The epic was a good choise for his money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte