Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 02:44 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,920,068 times

Advertisements

I highly recommend getting a saltwater pool. Better for your hair, suits, etc. Other than that, I concur with all the recommendations on keeping the deep end at 5' or so.

I also recommend Casa Pools as I believe the Sunshine's do as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 04:45 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,509 times
Our dog says he's the luckiest dog in north port.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:10 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,850 times
yes casa are highly recommended....but be warned prices are up about $1-1500 a pool due to cement increases

Old 05-29-2014, 02:58 PM

90 posts, read 130,488 times
We recently had our pool done with Superior pools.
We did have the 6 foot deep end put in, as we didn't know any different, but we sure like the way it is, although the 5 foot throughout the pool sounds nice.

I am just learning about chemicals, as we have the Nano salt pool also.
Much more comfortable (than 2 weeks ago)with the PH readings, and chlorine readings and what/when to add acid or soda.

The only thing WE find difficult right now, is cleaning the filter. IT'S huge! And you have to be pretty strong to turn the do-hickey to even access the filter.
We clean it once a week, and thinking MAYBE we can do every other week, since we're just the two of us...(until company shows up...again.)

We also added the automatic bottom pools cleaner, little pop ups, that automatically turn, and shoot water throughout, as each one pops up at different intervals. So no brushing, no vacuuming.....nice.

Altho' the edge tiles will need cleaning, and a brushing through out maybe every other month...not sure of that yet.

We also had an additional rail (down the steps) placed for our old age...when we get there.....lol

VERY VERY happy with our splash pool.

Altho' on second thought I would have had it turned slightly, so there is more room to use the cage door, and also may have had the pool a tad larger.
Our pool is 13 by 23.............

Old 05-30-2014, 06:16 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
Is the pool inside of your cage? If it is, I would think that you should be able to clean the filter less often than every week. If you're not getting a lot of dirt off of it when you rinse it, try two weeks between cleaning. Unless, that is, Superior instructed you to clean it every week. If that's the case, I would follow their instructions so if you have any sort of warranty work done they can't claim it's from your actions (or lack of).
BTW, I only clean my filter once a month and have no problems.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:23 AM

Hubby cleans our filter at least once a week but that is because our golden retriever swims with us daily. Lots and lots of hair even though I keep him brushed.

Old 05-30-2014, 08:15 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,850 times
you brush your husband ? lucky guy :-)

Old 05-30-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
you brush your husband ? lucky guy :-)
Oh funny!!! No, he's kind of balding so doesn't need much brushing.......

Old 05-31-2014, 06:35 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times
Filter cleaning once every 3-4 weeks is fine (assuming no pets). You can put a little petroleum jelly on the filter housing threads to make it easier to turn.
Also, consider getting a Filter Flosser. LOVE mine! About $20 on Amazon, or the pool stores have them as well.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:50 AM

90 posts, read 130,488 times
Well, we're going to give it a every other week try...We do have a Golden but she doesn't swim too often, MAYBE once a week she'll go in, and that's IF she's encouraged.
But she hangs around in the cage, and Goldens are hairy, and I think any breeze just blows it in the pool anyway....

And how dirty, is dirty?
It's hard to get a good idea, as to not having this type pool before..
.(I.E. had an above ground, and jacuzzi)

But there IS Golden hair, and it takes me a good 5 minutes of direct jet hose to get it clean.

Yikes, yesterday I forgot to place the O ring around the little drain cup, and for some reason could not get pool to prime....duh.

Another question:
How many hours do you run your pump/heater for?
We were at 12 hours, and have now cut back to 9 hours, from 12 to 9 p.m.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: