U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 06:22 PM

3,927 posts, read 4,782,220 times

Advertisements

We are completing the move. Wife will reopen her business here (real estate sales and appraisals) in a couple of months. Currently doing market research, visiting neighborhoods, etc, so she will be competent in the market. Do we have family here? No. But we have met more neighbors here in 2 weeks than we met in years in DFW on our same street.

Wife looked at me after watching the fireworks across the harbor and said, ' why didn't we do this 10 years ago?'.

There is room here for all types, all home desires, from mfg homes in over 55 developments to custom estate homes overlooking the ocean.

Yes, some will complain about the heat, but it is not as hot as DFW or Phoenix, and it is sure not as cold as the bulk of America in winter. And as people come, jobs will also come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 08:50 PM

9,760 posts, read 7,041,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
We are completing the move. Wife will reopen her business here (real estate sales and appraisals) in a couple of months. Currently doing market research, visiting neighborhoods, etc, so she will be competent in the market. Do we have family here? No. But we have met more neighbors here in 2 weeks than we met in years in DFW on our same street.

Wife looked at me after watching the fireworks across the harbor and said, ' why didn't we do this 10 years ago?'.

There is room here for all types, all home desires, from mfg homes in over 55 developments to custom estate homes overlooking the ocean.

Yes, some will complain about the heat, but it is not as hot as DFW or Phoenix, and it is sure not as cold as the bulk of America in winter. And as people come, jobs will also come.
Congratulations and welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 07-10-2014, 06:28 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,016,559 times
Quote:

Great posting and welcome to paradise. I spent 42 years living in Phoenix before coming here in 2007. I've said it many times...SWFL has nothing on Phoenix for oppressive summers. Humidity be damned. Your oven is a dry heat. Set it as 200 and climb inside. That's what your car is like in Phoenix at the end of your work day.

I'll take this too, thank you. Is it time to open the pocket doors to the pool cage yet? Okay, maybe not for a couple more months.

Old 07-10-2014, 11:03 AM

6,102 posts, read 13,103,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Great posting and welcome to paradise. I spent 42 years living in Phoenix before coming here in 2007. I've said it many times...SWFL has nothing on Phoenix for oppressive summers. Humidity be damned. Your oven is a dry heat. Set it as 200 and climb inside. That's what your car is like in Phoenix at the end of your work day.

I'll take this too, thank you. Is it time to open the pocket doors to the pool cage yet? Okay, maybe not for a couple more months.
Yes Restrain, welcome to the area, and to the board. I hope you note that most of us here are great contributors on the board, and like to keep it helpful to those that want to learn about the area. As I've noted many times, many of us here are both friends on and off the board, after all of us initially came here (on the board) to learn about this area, and what's going on around here.

MA, I just got back from southern CA, and then Pheonix - man - its hot as blazes there! Beautiful though! I visited the Grand Canyon, the mountains, and the new downtown section of Westport in Glendale. Super nice area. I'll look forward to another visit during more normal temperature seasons. It was 110 degrees when I was there - that's just crazy! It was nice to see the mountains as you drove around, beautiful, but Arid. Not like here where flowers bloom year round.

I heard rumors they have fishing there, but I'm sure that if its true, they are talking about catching bait fish. Oh, but the worse thing was - NO ONE EVER HEARD OF YEUNGLING!! Now that is just insane!

Old 07-11-2014, 08:21 AM

325 posts, read 374,654 times
BH in the last 5 years or so in Sandy Eggo I never saw Yeungling in any store or restaurant. I however, enjoyed it when I lived in the DC area before leaving in 2009.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:03 PM

Location: Port Charlotte, FL - Pasadena, People's Republic of Maryland
2,957 posts, read 2,852,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolynch57 View Post
I to am from MD and now have a lot in PGI. I can't wait to leave MD. I am over taxed and it seems things only will get worse. The weather in PG is only part of the attraction to the area. I found most folks to be very friendly and will go out of their way to talk to you. I found the nightlife to be great in PG. The job situation is something I am exploring now.
If it's Brown, flush it down!
I left the People's Republic of Maryland several years ago and couldn't be happier here in P.C.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dobiedude View Post
BH in the last 5 years or so in Sandy Eggo I never saw Yeungling in any store or restaurant. I however, enjoyed it when I lived in the DC area before leaving in 2009.
When I moved down here, they never heard of it. Since then, they opened a brewery in Tampa, and everyplace has it on tap!

Old 07-12-2014, 06:38 AM

Location: Port Charlotte, FL - Pasadena, People's Republic of Maryland
2,957 posts, read 2,852,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dobiedude View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
When I moved down here, they never heard of it. Since then, they opened a brewery in Tampa, and everyplace has it on tap!
Last time I was at a ball game (Charlotte Stone Crabs) a month or so ago they even had Yeungling on tap. Unfortunately it replaced Guiness.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:24 AM

3,927 posts, read 4,782,220 times
Thanks, but I miss Shiner Bock. Solid German beer brewed in Shiner TX. Now that is far superior to the pale stuff mass marketed throughout the US.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks, but I miss Shiner Bock. Solid German beer brewed in Shiner TX. Now that is far superior to the pale stuff mass marketed throughout the US.
If you go to the Ice House in Punta Gorda, they may have it. They have hundreds of beers, and more on tap that I can keep track of. Check them out. I think that they sell Growlers so you can take some home if you find something on tap that you like. With all the beers they have - you should find something there close to what you like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or