U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 06:19 AM

152 posts, read 180,295 times

Advertisements

OOh, I remember driving on 75 in pouring (torrential) rain when we moved here. very, very scary; definitely required a guardian angel. we were in Houston last weekend. around the same temp as here. We were sitting on the lanai last night watching the sunset, then watching the rain and lightning; quite the show. Welcome home; enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 09:56 AM

1,692 posts, read 2,082,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Actually cooler here than back in Denton, TX (DFW). Setting on the lanai in our home after the trip, enjoying the sunrise, listening to the birds and watching the pups chase a lizard.
ive had a outbreak of crabs every moring having coffe on my screen porch my pups watch them sometimes to close and get pinched

Old 06-30-2014, 10:03 AM

9,753 posts, read 7,033,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCharlotteNewbie View Post
OOh, I remember driving on 75 in pouring (torrential) rain when we moved here. very, very scary; definitely required a guardian angel. we were in Houston last weekend. around the same temp as here. We were sitting on the lanai last night watching the sunset, then watching the rain and lightning; quite the show. Welcome home; enjoy!
Yup, those rains with the huge raindrops, blowing sideways, makes a periscope seem a lot more useful than an umbrella.

Welcome to all those new to the area!

Old 06-30-2014, 03:54 PM

3,926 posts, read 4,778,222 times
Well, found out something new today, and that is why out doors open out instead of in. Hadn't thought about it but makes sense. Still don't like it though.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:19 PM

1,579 posts, read 2,793,968 times
I don't like the doors opening out either but if it keeps our doors from blowing in during a storm I guess it's worth it. I so wanted to put in a screen door but having it on the inside just isn't attractive. I also don't like the look of screening the entry outside. Oh well.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:25 PM

174 posts, read 325,024 times
My screen door is on the outside. It's a decorative 2 door screen door. They open out. My front doors open in. I don't like that front screen enclosure either. Hmmmm maybe mine is not the right way.

Old 06-30-2014, 07:55 PM

Location: Port Charlotte, FL - Pasadena, People's Republic of Maryland
2,953 posts, read 2,849,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp528 View Post
....... My front doors open in. ........ Hmmmm maybe mine is not the right way.
You're not alone. My house was built around 1978 and has an inward-opening front door. I'm not sure when they changed the code to have the doors open outward. I've heard that you can't even buy an inward-opening door at H.D. or Lowes unless it's special order.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:05 PM

1,692 posts, read 2,082,629 times
it was odd getting used to opeing out with holoween opening the door over and over awkward , I like my lania sized front screen porch nice for morning coffee in the summer

Old 06-30-2014, 09:27 PM

Thinking about something like that, but that is gonna wait until after the pool.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:52 AM

Update: no call from Old Dominion, who is moving the trailer. Called them. Yep, truck is here at our terminal in FL, but you won't get it until next week sometime. Seems that delivery is not the problem. Rather, they are shuffling around the ramps, have a shortage due to the high number of people moving in. That is OK, went to,the laundromat yesterday, going over to Englewood Beach today. Would drive up to Clearwater Beach but want to let Arthur move further north. Lots of rain in the afternoon still coming off.

Tomorrow is Fishermans Village, food, drink, fireworks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or