U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 05:50 AM

8 posts, read 8,020 times

Advertisements

yes I have already read these posts you have referenced- we are RENTING for the first year, while looking for a condo to buy- and know about the water / sewer assessments

we are moving from Costa Rica where food and gas are extremely expensive, so to us - CC is cheap

I have an online business- so work is no problem

so besides those issues that keep coming up in these forums- CC to us is perfect- lots to do, great beach/water access- slow paced lifestyle- just not as beautiful as Costa Rica, but we know that already.

Previous to our Costa Rica adventure I lived in Lauderdale for 25 years- so know Florida well, and SW Florida is much better than east coast- believe me....

One thing that this forum doesn't often address is this:
many people that move to Florida do so because of the climate-
if you compare 10 or 15 areas in Florida , side by side Cape Coral area IMHO ranks at the top- that's why we chose it after carefully researching where we would live when returning to Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 09:32 PM

3,926 posts, read 4,745,494 times
We actually considered CC before picking PC. Decided on PC as it is NOT in a city, and overall costs were less. ,Just a matter of cost, especially as the two cities are close to each other.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:28 PM

1,689 posts, read 2,070,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by com1usa View Post
Cape Coral area IMHO ranks at the top- that's why we chose it after carefully researching where we would live when returning to Florida
your moving to charlotte county right?
I looked at cape coral when I was moving and loved the areas look but it was just to busy for me to many cars.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:07 AM

281 posts, read 287,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by com1usa View Post

I have an online business- so work is no problem
Would you might telling exactly what you do on line for a business? I see all these people on TV who have on line businesses but never any more detail.
I am not looking to steal your business, just curious.

Old 08-16-2014, 08:32 PM

1,689 posts, read 2,070,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
Would you might telling exactly what you do on line for a business? I see all these people on TV who have on line businesses but never any more detail.
I am not looking to steal your business, just curious.
my neighbor is a architect who sold his business moved here and now works from home I wonder the same "people on TV who have on line businesses but never any more detail"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte