Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 02:07 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,254,007 times

Advertisements

I admit I am a bit of an extrovert . Some of these ideas may have changed with the times , that said ....
I traveled a Lot with my job 27-35 I moved every year or so.. Yep The Bar Scene was ok?.. but Night School was a GREAT Place to meet people. Even Just Night Classes.. All Except for my E.E. classes , I was always way out numbered by ladies : ) I also found that Cooking Classes and Dance Classes and Yes it was around even way back then..... Yoga classes.... Very Few Guys Back Then, took Yoga.. Martial Arts was good for me Mentally Physically and Socially ..I Played Guitar once in awhile in a Outlaw Country Band, I was a competitive X Country Skier, when there was no snow, I became a Gym Rat as well. In short I should say...P.M.A!! Just Short of Cocky or Obnoxious ! Very few people want to hang out with someone feeling sorry for him/her-self. I shouldnt but I will say it was for that time in my life a Total Package.. The more aspects / facets there are to you, the more interest from others you will see. I learned quickly though, that most of those "friendships" didnt qualify as long term commitments.. FOR ME , Once I finally Grew Up..I found my lifes partner/wife at a Church I was attending.. But You Cannot Do It For Him..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 02:13 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,254,007 times
Great List Tamre: and the last idea IMHO was the best. Once I quit Starring in my own version of The Movie Shallow Hal I too found the best of the best : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
Have him join a volunteer group or a club. I belong to 3 car clubs and I volunteer with the Gulf Coast Golden Retriever Rescue. We have all ages. What are his interests? He could volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, or Fire/EMS. I know they have some younger people. Sometimes Parks and Recreation looks for volunteers too.
United Way, Virginia B. Andes, Hospitals, Animal Welfare League, Adult Learning Center, Schools, Big Brother Big Sister, Homeless Coalition, and so much more.

Here is a link to the Charlotte County Volunteer page. There are several types of organizations to choose from. Volunteers

Volunteer to serve on a Board - Charlotte County Request for Volunteers

Another option is join a church.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:00 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,505,013 times
Parrot Head Club? A lot of "older" folks, but there are some young ladies who like Buffet songs and parties, and do a lot of community volunteerism where its likely to meet some nice kids his own age. Hey, who knows, he might meet a granny who has a lonely grand daughter with the same problem.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:38 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,457,575 times
He need to find something he likes doing and find other people who like it too. Community college class in sailing, paddleboarding, biking - I see tons of young people biking all around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte