Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2015, 06:54 AM

222 posts, read 202,117 times

Advertisements

Missing PGI! Here is a picture from my last trip
Attached Thumbnails
Chat Thread - A fun & informative discussion about the Punta Gorda & Port Charlotte area.-image.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 08:28 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Went to downtown PG tonight. They had the classic car show in the lot across from Jacks. The downtown area had a good crowd. Ate at Hurricane Charlies. Was wondering if the restaurant across the harbor in Port Charlotte next to the 41 bridge reopened. It was very well lit looking across. Went a few times last couple of times here and it was closed.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:21 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
If you mean the old Portabellos, on Bayshore Drive....the stilt building?
Yes it has reopened as Sunset Grill. I haven't been there yet but will try it.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:51 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Yes that's it MA. I found their FB page. Looks like they have mostly good reviews and a happy hour that for 6 hours daily. Going to give it a try. Thanks

Old 10-17-2015, 04:11 AM

Good deal. Enjoy it. Give us a review and a couple photos of the view from there.

Old 10-17-2015, 11:54 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times
Nice day on the water with the boys. Mixed bag of small trout, snapper, ladyfish and bonnet head. Not to mention the dolphin show chasing the ladyfish or the manatee who decided to gang by the boat while we fished Pirate Harbor

Old 10-17-2015, 04:37 PM

Nice day SR. I got a lot of honey do's done with 1.5 arms.

Troubleshoot popped breaker...traced to bad plug on dock light. Changed, fixed.
Scrubbed mold off side of boat lift cover. Done.
Had neighbor help haul my boat off the lift, onto the trailer and put in driveway. Done.
Wash down boat, flush out motor. Done.
Analyze power pole for intermittent loss of power, especially going up. In progress.
Found 2 cracks in hydraulic fluid cap. Will need new.
Determined 12 volts reaching motherboard.
Will call Power Pole on Monday to order new cap, new fuse holder, which we cut out of the line last week on the water, while troubleshooting. Hoping they can give next steps.
Still need to analyze trim tabs issue. That motor is way too new to be giving trouble. Suspect poor butt connector installed by me. I'm terrible at wiring but get better with every broken part.

Keep fishing, my friends.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:51 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,303,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Nice day SR. I got a lot of honey do's done with 1.5 arms.

Troubleshoot popped breaker...traced to bad plug on dock light. Changed, fixed.
Scrubbed mold off side of boat lift cover. Done.
Had neighbor help haul my boat off the lift, onto the trailer and put in driveway. Done.
Wash down boat, flush out motor. Done.
Analyze power pole for intermittent loss of power, especially going up. In progress.
Found 2 cracks in hydraulic fluid cap. Will need new.
Determined 12 volts reaching motherboard.
Will call Power Pole on Monday to order new cap, new fuse holder, which we cut out of the line last week on the water, while troubleshooting. Hoping they can give next steps.
Still need to analyze trim tabs issue. That motor is way too new to be giving trouble. Suspect poor butt connector installed by me. I'm terrible at wiring but get better with every broken part.

Keep fishing, my friends.
Are they electric or hydraulic tabs? I had issues with my Lenco electric ones once. Had to replace control box...

Old 10-20-2015, 07:19 PM

Hydraulic. Replaced the Lenco motor a year ago. Solenoids are already rusting. Flats boats are hell with the salt water in the bilge with all the other equipment stored there too.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:40 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,823,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Hydraulic. Replaced the Lenco motor a year ago. Solenoids are already rusting. Flats boats are hell with the salt water in the bilge with all the other equipment stored there too.
Stupid question but have you tried keeping everything coated in grease?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte