Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2008, 07:12 AM

5 posts, read 32,579 times

Advertisements

I am coming down on Friday to look at real estate and have chosen the Lake County area, Spring Hill, Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda areas. I plan to rent a house the first year, then buy. I have about $200,000 cash to spend.
I don't want to be toooo far away from anything (stores, work). I am a nurse and fitness instructor, though haven't looked for jobs yet!!
Any recommendations????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 05:32 PM

5 posts, read 32,579 times
No opinions???? HELP~ I am coming down in two more days!!

Old 01-02-2008, 05:50 PM

670 posts, read 1,742,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
I am coming down on Friday to look at real estate and have chosen the Lake County area, Spring Hill, Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda areas. I plan to rent a house the first year, then buy. I have about $200,000 cash to spend.
I don't want to be toooo far away from anything (stores, work). I am a nurse and fitness instructor, though haven't looked for jobs yet!!
Any recommendations????
Suggest you do a search under those key words.
Tons of data.
My two cents: of the four areas you have, I'd chose Lake County: plenty of retirees nice Hospital (Waterman) and close to Orlando.
Really, plenty here can help you. Narrow your search.
gl

Old 01-02-2008, 05:52 PM

555 posts, read 2,211,433 times
Where at in Lake County? Stay on the east side of Lake County if you like being closer to a big city. Central Lake county and North towards the villages cater more to retirees. Homeowners insurance is usually cheaper inland so you may want to keep that in mind. I live in Lake County and I think Mount Dora or Eustis are nice places to live.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:13 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,530,555 times
Jewelz,
You may wish to put your approx. age, weather you like city or country life, etc.
We bought a home about 4 miles south of Leesburg in a golf community....very active. I rent my home out until we move there full time in 3 years.....you have many good options now.

As others have said, Mt. Dora, Eustis, Travares, etc are all options. So is Clarmont.....Also nice places around the Villages.

Where do you want to work....do you wish to live close to the hospitals?

Also, you do not have to be 55+ to rent in a gated 55+ active community....at least not in ours.....plenty of rentals.

Good luck in your search.....please keep us posted on your findings, views, etc.

Respectfully, Frank D.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:20 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,912,465 times
My suggestion is for Port Charlotte. There are tons of rentals available. The two main hospitals in Port Charlotte are Peace River and Fawcett. They are short drive from almost anywhere in town. There's pretty much everything you need in PC, mall, restaurants, shopping, etc. If you want to get into bigger stores you could drive to Ft Myers or Sarasota a 30-45 minute drive.

Right now there are a lot of nice homes in the under $200,000 range.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:09 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,979,824 times
I was going to say the same about Port Charlotte. Now's the time to buy, though! Prices are sooo low, it's dismal for sellers but great for buyers... on every street, I see houses for sale!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte