Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 01:21 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,080,854 times

Advertisements

Awesome !! The year is just beginning, and so are the festivals!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 02:28 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,911,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlynnmom View Post
All you good people who helped Jersey Man out. My husband and I are thinking of moving out of Kansas and stumbled across this town of Punta Gorda. We would live some advice. We both work and can't retire anytime soon. We are really sick of the winters and now that we have family in florida, we are serious about moving. I'm a medical Assistant and my husband is working at Home Depot Pro Desk. The town doesn't sound like there is a lot of work, but what about surrounding areas? We would love to get a fixer upper or a foreclosure, are those hard to find? Our children are raised and on their on, it's just my husband and I. I would love to hear suggestions, good or bad.
As Big House mentioned, HD would probably assist with a transfer and there is a Home Depot in Punta Gorda. I'm quite sure you could find a job as a medical assistant.

I would suggest visiting the area, if you have not done so yet. Punta Gorda has it's own airport and is getting many new airports added to the list of who they cater to now.

What price range were you looking at and what type of community are you looking for?

Old 03-20-2015, 05:25 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,619,874 times
Loving winter in florida. House painted, deck stained, some trees taken down. Half the house furnished.. Granite installed in kitchen and desk nook. Boat lift and dock permits from fed. and state approved( hopefully work starts in 2 or 3 weeks). Neighbors great. Enjoying the community pool, gulf, restaurants all over. Spring training games are enjoyable. Thanks again to the forum members for the help.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:32 AM

46 posts, read 49,815 times
Congrats Seafood Junky! We'll be neighbors here and in Punta Gorda. We're building a house in Punta Gorda that should be done in July? We currently live in Catonsville and will be retiring in 2020. Until then we'll use the house as a vaction home and spend as much time as possible down there.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte