Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 08:38 AM

281 posts, read 405,951 times

Advertisements

Well I thought for our 1st year in the area that we really needed a boat. I got some good advice from members on here when I was getting it. Love the boat and it did everything we wanted.
Turns out that we use it so seldom that I am going to sell it. Just seems like there is always something else to do and I am not an avid fisherman.
For the few times we use it, it would seem smarter to rent.

So if anyone knows someone looking for a very clean, low hours 09 Sea Hunt 196 Ultra with a 115 Yamaha, let me know.

What would be a good place to sell it other than Craigslist or Fleabay?

Thanx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 08:48 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,149,074 times
shame, we don't use ours that much, but as its all paid for the only outlay is the monthly marina fee (well and repairs but that's a sore point)

I justify it that if we use the boat once a month it covers a one time rental plus we can go when we ant at a moments notice...........

so in my tiny mind its worth keeping..........just

Old 04-30-2015, 09:18 AM

281 posts, read 405,951 times
That was what I was thinking. It is such a nice boat that I hate to sell it but now that it is soon time to take it out of the marina storage and put it in my garage, I decided to sell it. We are heading north for a few months.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:06 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,000,719 times
If the price is right, you'll sell it on Craigslist. If it's high and you need to advertise it, then boat trader is decent. You shouldn't need to pay a broker 10% for a boat that will sell itself, again, if it's priced right.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:22 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,272,826 times
Good suggestions and information across the board as I see it.. I am in the same house as Sunshine & AZ99.. we too seldom use our boats , but I have very little $$ tied up in the powerboat.. We live on a sailboat canal full-time and when or if we want to take one out, its there. I may at some point change/trade the powerboat I have, for a smaller flats or bay boat , but I am not ready to entirely give up either boat YET.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:01 PM

229 posts, read 346,806 times
I can sympathize with you...I bought my boat while working from home, then I had to hit the road again and haven't been able to use it much. Fortunately I have a lot on a canal and my own dock so I don't have to toss too much money at her. My wife likes the boat which is an added benefit.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:12 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,330,509 times
They say the two happiest days of your life is the day you buy a boat and the day you sell it. No surprise I guess. I always enjoyed having a boat, but circumstance change, and you move on to other things sometimes. Good luck with the sale.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:36 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,785,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
You shouldn't need to pay a broker 10% for a boat that will sell itself,
agreed but if he is away for a few month and still has it then it is a option to still sell it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte