Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 06:59 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,080,854 times

Advertisements

Congratulations!! Definitely get the classroom experience in, and make your wife and family take the course with you. And, don't hog the boat! Stuff happens out on the water, and it is good to have someone with at least minimal experience learn to operate the boat. When someone new is going out on my boat, I always point out where the safety equipment is stored. When you are heading out to have a great day on the water, you aren't expecting any problems, and it sure is nice to know everyone has some understanding of what to do IF something goes wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 07:48 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,552,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
you are forgiven.......neighbor
Thank you sir! You're too kind.

As for the boating... if I didn't already say it (which I thought I did), we would absolutely take the coast guard courses. I don't do anything without knowing the rules and procedures. Took the MSF Safety courses when I was riding motorcycles, etc... Nothing would happen in that arena until next year at the earliest. Going to be a busy 2015.

As for where - we'll be on Rotonda Circle - the extreme east side of the circle on a canal. I originally balked at HOAs but theirs doesn't seem horribly restrictive, more common sense than anything. Just have to talk to them and see if small veggie gardens are ok. If not, there's always planter gardens on the lanai.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:20 AM

531 posts, read 1,161,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bluecoupe View Post
Can't wait to get crap resolved and outta Tax and Spend Central!

Hi, and welcome to the area! I hope you like it as much as WE do! Did you (by chance) work at IBM Pok.? I did, many years ago as a temp., and we lived in Hopewell Jct. We're now in South Gulf Cove, and loving it.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:53 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,552,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen and Jim View Post

Hi, and welcome to the area! I hope you like it as much as WE do! Did you (by chance) work at IBM Pok.? I did, many years ago as a temp., and we lived in Hopewell Jct. We're now in South Gulf Cove, and loving it.
Howdy and thanks! By chance, I did. I worked in Poughkeepsie and Fishkill. Our function really didn't belong to either so they just kind of kept kicking us out and moving us around. Worked there for 38 years as a Software Engineer. (Read as: Software Tester) My job was to be a PITA to the programmers and according to them, I was excellent at it.

We're going to be in the White Marsh area (I think). Hasn't really set in yet. I suspect reality will hit after the home inspection is complete tomorrow. I certainly saw zero wrong with the house, but I'm not a pro either... we'll see.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:10 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Ray Mark View Post
Don, that would apply to the intercoastal but only on the east coast.
still gave that East Coast brain lol

Old 05-26-2015, 03:49 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,784,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Ray Mark View Post
Don, that would apply to the intercoastal but only on the east coast.
I learned it AS RED RIGHT RETURNING TO TEXAS for the icw

Old 05-26-2015, 04:01 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,784,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
still gave that East Coast brain lol
for a long time I would after I moved here I would say im going up to ft myers

get didn't feel right with the water on the other side

Old 05-26-2015, 05:12 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
for a long time I would after I moved here I would say im going up to ft myers

get didn't feel right with the water on the other side
So true Mike! Living on the East Coast my whole life, I continue to correct myself or have Mark do it for me lol

Old 05-27-2015, 04:17 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,145,991 times
Quote:
Thank you sir! What is your opinion (if you have one of course) of the Freedom Boat Club? I *think* I may be interested in boating and a current FBC member said that they train you (I'm a bonafied novice). It doesn't seem like a horrible deal for a 3 month kind of signup and not have to pay all of the other expenses of boat ownership.

Any opinion?

Can't wait to get crap resolved and outta Tax and Spend Central!

check out the Sarasota board, there is a less than glowing thread about FBC...............

Old 05-27-2015, 04:19 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,145,991 times
Quote:

We're going to be in the White Marsh area (I think).

yes you are...........and you will have a great view of a new home being built virtually across the street
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte