Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 03:14 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,271,528 times

Advertisements

From Post #70 of this thread.. "" ( BTW the YOU is generic terminology ) "" .. I Never Called You A Liar!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Ok, its the weekend and you know what...I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect your right to have one...its called a free society ok

HOWEVER...I write checks and so I see what people are earning..but its ok you hear different

BUT if I say I paid him vacation money then I did ok...don't come on here calling me a freakin lair ok. Not only did I pay him ,I gave him $100 bonus to enjoy his well earned break. Hey and I took the masons a crate of corona on cinco de mayo...and I took the carpenters a crate of Bud 3 Saturdays ago when they worked all day to get a job done

AND on Tuesday I'm taking 15 of the3m to the ball game, tickets ,food ,drink...to say THANK you.

So believe it, don't believe it do what you want ok....just kindly do not insinuate I come on here lying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2015, 03:24 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times
From Post #70 of this thread.. "" ( BTW the YOU is generic terminology ) "" .. I Never Called You A Liar!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your claiming you pay him vacation Hahahahahaha!!!!! Who do you think your talking to some dummy off the street.. I have been in construction since 6/6/69 Non Union Contractors have NEVER Paid Union Wages or Union Benefits "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No ?

Old 06-20-2015, 04:15 PM

Do you pay Union Wages and Union Benefits? But if you took that to be aimed soley at you and as you say you pay vacation pay ( To Everyone who works for you) I then appologize..

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your claiming you pay him vacation Hahahahahaha!!!!! Who do you think your talking to some dummy off the street.. I have been in construction since 6/6/69 Non Union Contractors have NEVER Paid Union Wages or Union Benefits "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No ?

Old 06-20-2015, 04:21 PM

Mark this debate has Raged on for years.. Union Tradesmen versus non-union Trades men..
The difference between a job going Union and non union is seldom more than 5-12% BTDT..
Yet the labor cost difference we see is, a HUGE Difference.. WHY?????? There are small Union Residental Electrical Contractors, just not in the south..( More about this in a moment) Why?? Those small Union Contractors compete directly with small Non Union Contractors , well , North of the Mason Dixon Line they do.... No One denies Unions Pay Much Better Wages than their non union competition.. How does that work? ALL Union Contractors pay benefits..Not Just some.... not when sometimes and not just to their favorites to ALL... because they agreed to a particular Wage Package and they are held accountable.. Union Contrators face every issues nonunion face except, problems that arise from Un-schooled workers. There are long term small Union Shops, just not in residential, or none that I am aware of.. I have worked for small Union Contrators. Those small Union contrators move on to commercial and industrial as quickly as they can.. The Profit Margin is Tight when they are Paying Union Wages and Benefits.. Some of the Non Union Contractors were Union Trained Tradesmen at one time.. SEEN IT!

Interesting no one wants to discuss Schooling and Training?? Hummm??

Here is a point that sucks for ALL Contrators and the smaller they are IMHO the worse / harder it is for them.. The time spent, bent over a drawing table crunching numbers and checking your figures and take offs , over and over again to come up with the Best Price and you DONT GET THE JOB..

Heres another one.. Your BEST WORKER LEAVES YOU.. and takes one or two of your best guys with him..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Ray Mark View Post
Mac, you seem to be very passionate on these wage issues as every time it comes up you start attacking how people on this forum make a living. You seem to be a very intelligent guy and I guess your opinions are based on your personal experiences but Im sure you realize there are many different types of business models out there with many different methods of arriving at hourly rates that are charged for labor. If a business is selling mostly labor with a small percentage of material costs then the labor needs to be heavily marked up to support the business versus having a model that supplies a lot of material (marked up) and trades, along with the labor where the gross profit is generated from multiple sources. In the remodeling industry if you're not making 35 to 40% gross profit you will not survive but in new home construction if you tried to make that kind of GP you would never sell a house. Mark

Old 06-20-2015, 04:38 PM

182 posts, read 240,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Interesting no one wants to discuss Schooling and Training?? Hummm??
8 Sure Signs You’re an Internet Troll

Are you going for all 8? Sweet Moses... please let it go.

Old 06-20-2015, 05:02 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
Need the Lobo horse

Old 06-20-2015, 05:17 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,146,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Do you pay Union Wages and Union Benefits? But if you took that to be aimed soley at you and as you say you pay vacation pay ( To Everyone who works for you) I then appologize..

nice play on words, but you said

Your claiming you pay him vacation Hahahahahaha!!!!! Who do you think your talking to some dummy off the street.

so by your(sic) you mean me and by him you mean my guy

therefore yes it was aimed at me , it referred to vacation pay not any union sh1t . this isn't a union state, and he is happy with what I pay him.

BTW you answered your own question,

Old 06-20-2015, 06:17 PM

182 posts, read 240,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Need the Lobo horse
No doubt! Hahahaha

Last edited by lobobuzz; 06-20-2015 at 06:19 PM.. Reason: Added to post

Old 06-20-2015, 07:00 PM

Lmao thanks Lobo!

Old 06-20-2015, 07:01 PM

Quote:
nice play on words, but you said

Your claiming you pay him vacation Hahahahahaha!!!!! Who do you think your talking to some dummy off the street.

so by your(sic) you mean me and by him you mean my guy

therefore yes it was aimed at me , it referred to vacation pay not any union sh1t . this isn't a union state, and he is happy with what I pay him.

BTW you answered your own question,
You don't need to explain yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte