Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 06:21 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,552,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
Some posts aren't even worth replying to lol
I know... my bad - but I'm cranky until the coffee kicks on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 09:16 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bluecoupe View Post
I know... my bad - but I'm cranky until the coffee kicks on...

Old 10-11-2015, 06:57 AM

13 posts, read 30,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
How do the Florida DOC saleries compare to what you are used to up North?

Do you apply for any or all of the DOC institutions at once or for specific prisons?

The Panama City one will give you more of a varied weather lifestyle and still be a lot warmer than what you are used to. But not so tough on your mate.

I have to agree at your age Tampa would be better for you than Charlotte County area.

I was able to apply to 2 facilities within the florida DOC. I didn't put all that muc thought of where i applied. I am able to change my choices though. It seems as though Punta Gorda has an older population..And I thought it was closer to the beaches. How is the weather in Panama City?...

Old 10-11-2015, 07:00 AM

They give you the option to apply to 2 differenct facilities. I didn't put much thought into where i chose. I chose the one in Punta Gorda and one in Miami (everglades.) I thought Punta Gorda was closer to the beach... :/

And what is the weather like in Panama City? Are the beaches nicer in Panama City than Punta Gorda area?

Old 10-11-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrain View Post
Agree. Now Panama City can get downright cold when the wind comes in off the water in the winter, but nice place to live. Lots of nightlife, young folk there.
What is the weather like inb Panama city? And is it a younger age group who lives their? And are the beaches nice?

Old 10-11-2015, 07:08 AM

901 posts, read 2,247,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyedaman91 View Post
What is the weather like inb Panama city? And is it a younger age group who lives their? And are the beaches nice?
If it were me in your situation I would pick the Daytona site and live in Port Orange.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:11 AM

Is it true that the beaches are an hour away in Punta Gorda? And it seems like a much older population? And as for the salaries.. Florida DOC doesn't pay very well.. Compared to up north, corrections in Massachusetts, I was making over 50K/year. Florida pays in the mid 30's to start. I think county jails and sheriffs dept/ Police make more money than Florida DOC. That is what i hear...

Old 10-11-2015, 07:13 AM

OysterCatcher... Is Daytona a nice/fun place to live? I have never been there. And Port Orange? I don't knoew much about it at all.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:24 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Is it true that the beaches are an hour away in Punta Gorda? And it seems like a much older population? And as for the salaries.. Florida DOC doesn't pay very well.. Compared to up north, corrections in Massachusetts, I was making over 50K/year. Florida pays in the mid 30's to start. I think county jails and sheriffs dept/ Police make more money than Florida DOC. That is what i hear...
Closest beach is about 50 minutes away. It is an older population but does get a good amount of younger people downtown because there are about ten bars all in walking distance. Many of which play live music. They also hold a lot of festivals downtown.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:47 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
Quote:
Might be best to ask these questions on Panama City page.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte