Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 10:49 AM

1,393 posts, read 1,552,606 times

Advertisements

Okie-dokie - thanks all, I guess we'll go for it.

And as for the seals on the fridge; they're fine - I've checked it with a digital thermometer, no leaks. Now, it may not be that well insulated.... but yesterday was the first time it did that and even the chairs were wet, and not from rain. but I will check into it - thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 10:57 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,271,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
My neighbor has one, on 14 hours a day. She's had it there for years with no problem except she leaves it on 14 hours a day.

I was over there yesterday and it didn't seem that loud but her lanai acts as a megaphone and it's pretty loud at my place on a quiet night.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:00 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,271,528 times
Unless you un-plug or completely power it down ( not just turn of the screen) a TV its circuitry is always on, just not the screen. Its "pretty much" keeping the circuitry warm and dry ..

Old 10-29-2015, 11:19 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03bluecoupe View Post
ok - thanks. When you say covered - I "assume" that you mean a physical cover? I'd like to hang one over our countertop area which is under the roof and behind a 1.5 foot dropdown between the lanai and pool area. It wouldn't be able to be rained on but the freekin' moisture is everywhere.

What do ya think? (forgive the ladder - I was ripping down those fugly fans at the time)
That would be perfect

Old 10-29-2015, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Unless you un-plug or completely power it down ( not just turn of the screen) a TV its circuitry is always on, just not the screen. Its "pretty much" keeping the circuitry warm and dry ..
Yeah, I knew about it still be "on" and warm - the dry part was my concern. Seems like I shouldn't sweat it.

Thanks all... now I just have to convince da boss...

Old 10-29-2015, 01:48 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,784,883 times
I don't have one now but my last house in port charloote did for 6 years outside on the wall 24/7 on the wall and never a problem brought it with me

Old 10-30-2015, 12:46 PM

773 posts, read 785,771 times
I saw a company that took flat screen TVs and prepped them for outside use. They put silicone sealant on connections and anything that might be ruined by moisture and lined the interior with a breathable but waterproof material.

If we ever manage to buy a house here we plan on putting a TV and a frig in the lanai. I also plan on a nice sound system and a pool boy serving umbrella drinks all day. 64 years in Chicago weather and I'm going out in style!

Old 10-30-2015, 01:25 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tujuleez1 View Post
I saw a company that took flat screen TVs and prepped them for outside use. They put silicone sealant on connections and anything that might be ruined by moisture and lined the interior with a breathable but waterproof material.

If we ever manage to buy a house here we plan on putting a TV and a frig in the lanai. I also plan on a nice sound system and a pool boy serving umbrella drinks all day. 64 years in Chicago weather and I'm going out in style!
For the price you would pay for the "outdoor" tv you can just buy a standard tv and throw it away every 3 years

Old 10-30-2015, 01:29 PM

773 posts, read 785,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
For the price you would pay for the "outdoor" tv you can just buy a standard tv and throw it away every 3 years
No kidding! It's crazy what they charge. And in three years, that new TV will probably be a dinosaur.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tujuleez1 View Post
No kidding! It's crazy what they charge. And in three years, that new TV will probably be a dinosaur.
Boy, truer words were probably never spoken.... We're going to put our 61" Sharp Aquos out there and get a new one for the living room. Don't really see the need for a 4k in a "small" screen like that. Will probably move up to a 65 or 70 but still, 4k doesn't seem worth it for that size. I'm more concerned with refresh rate. Love the Sharp but when a pass is thrown in football you can see the ball "trace" due to the RR.

Thanks all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: