U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-17-2006, 01:32 AM

8 posts, read 43,723 times
Cool Relocating to Port Charlotte

Hello all,

I am moving to the Port Charlotte area and would like any and all information anyone has on the Deep Creek Area.

Thanks and hope everyone has a great weekend.

dallas
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2006, 09:05 AM

332 posts, read 1,055,256 times
Try to private-message to a poster called 'bamboosmom'. Appearantly she lived in that neighborhood up until recently. According to her comments it's a quiet, family-oriented place with fairly good schools, and insurance seems affordable considering Florida insurance situation as a whole. Doesn't seem like there's whole lot of employment opportunities there.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:27 PM

1,130 posts, read 97,688 times
Smile Hi, I am here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_deifi View Post
Hello all,

I am moving to the Port Charlotte area and would like any and all information anyone has on the Deep Creek Area.

Thanks and hope everyone has a great weekend.

dallas

Hey dc,
Deep Creek is a beautiful community. It is deed restricted which keeps the homes nice and neat. The schools here are great. Deep Creek Elementary is a top rated school for the county. There are tons of new homes being built in the development. We have nice size properties between the homes and everybody is pretty nice. There are alot of younger people moving into the neighborhood too. You will get the occasional complainer though. The guy next door was playing his music at 6:30pm and somebody called the cops!
Geez. The school buses pick up the kids on the corner and they leave their bikes there at the pole. You don't have to worry about somebody taking the bikes either. We have three churches on Rampart Blvd.
There is a bank and a corner store, along with a Subway, Pizza parlor, realtor,
florist and a few other stores in the development.
There are alot of lakes in the community as well.
We have condo's, townhomes and apartments along with the single family homes. Rt. 75 is minutes away also. We have the new Walmart supercenter right outside the community as well as three gas stations.

The area is growing quickly. Lots of new stores. A new Lowes is opening next week up on Rt. 41. There aren't alot of top paying jobs but you aren't far from Sarasota and Ft. Myers where other jobs may be available.
The harbor is minutes from Deep Creek. You can be out boating in about 10 min. There are quite a few public boat ramps for us to use. Fishermen's Village is also very nice to visit. Lots of shops and restaurants.

We sold our home because we miss the family up north.
I wish you the best here in Deep Creek.
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 11-18-2006, 02:31 AM

Thanks so much for your replies. We are really looking forward to getting to the area. Your post make it seem really nice. I am about to retire from the US Army and look forward to settling down. I am originally from the Keys and have always like the Punta Gorda Area. But, have not been there in over 20 years.

Thanks again for the replies and hope everyone has a great weekend.

Anymore posts, good and bad are still welcome

dallas

Old 11-18-2006, 11:18 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,063,804 times
I would not live in deep creek for any price for a variety of reasons and if you pm me I'll tell you what the locals call it.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:30 AM

1,130 posts, read 97,688 times
Default Not for nothing, but Deep Creek is one of the nicest communites in Punta Gorda

Sorry Mr. Tudo,
I have to disagree with you. I have lived here for 6 years and it's a great community. There are restrictions but it's better than living without them down here. If you live in Pt. Charlotte you will be sorry if you aren't in a deep restricted community. You can have slobs living next door to you with all kinds of junk all around the outside of their home. Junk cars, garbage all over the place, horrible landscaping, ugly paint, filthy looking properties.
I have seen it up close and personal when we travel to the stores up on Rt. 41.
Fact not fiction!

Old 11-22-2006, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosmom View Post
Sorry Mr. Tudo,
I have to disagree with you. I have lived here for 6 years and it's a great community. There are restrictions but it's better than living without them down here. If you live in Pt. Charlotte you will be sorry if you aren't in a deep restricted community. You can have slobs living next door to you with all kinds of junk all around the outside of their home. Junk cars, garbage all over the place, horrible landscaping, ugly paint, filthy looking properties.
I have seen it up close and personal when we travel to the stores up on Rt. 41.
Fact not fiction!

Certainly you can disagree with me all you like Bam but as you know I passed on even seeing your house because of it's location. Would you like for me to post a copy of the communication to refresh your memory?

"Some restrictions"? Something about being seen by all the neighbors while swimming in ones pool ( which is the case in deep creek ) somehow doesn't motivate me to invest any money there. Further, I live in the Haverhill section of Port Charlotte and have 100 year old Heritage Oaks on my property as do a number of neighbors here. A friend down the street has 2 waterfront lots which are shaded by several of these beautiful oaks. Deep creek seems to have been hit by some blight on it's landscaping as there's an almost absence of it in most places. Further still, to claim that highway 41 represents Port Charlotte is laughable. I could easily remark about certain "types of areas" in Punta Gorda, in terms of crime investation that simply do not exist elsewhere in Charlotte Cnty, especially not in Port Charlotte.

But then your leaving that paradise to NEPA so..............

Last edited by MrTudo; 11-22-2006 at 09:51 AM..

Old 11-23-2006, 02:34 AM

Thanks all for the replies. I know that everyplace is not for everyone. I guess I will find out more when we arrive and see the place first hand. Many of the things complained about are not an issue to me (yet). I do not plan on having a pool, and I never had oak trees in my yard when I grew up in Florida. I am more interested in crime rates, possibility of flooding (since it is bordered by the Peace River, and numerous lakes), how are the people, what is traffic like, etc.... I see most of the houses are new, so that is a plus, should not be an issue yet of mold. I plan on maybe working in Ft. Myers, so how is the drive down I-75? I am an avid cyclist, how "bike friendly" isthe community?

Mr, Tudo, I IMed you, and all I got was an advertisement for a realator. I have seen you post nothing specific, just hints. To someone that does not live there, that is not telling me anything.

Once again, thanks for all of your input, I look forward to more...keep it coming..............

d

Old 11-23-2006, 09:33 AM

DC, I received your PM and since you didn't even tell me your first name I chose to ignore it.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
DC, I received your PM and since you didn't even tell me your first name I chose to ignore it.
Privacy and lack thereof is one of the points BTW. If that's not an issue then enjoy. It's the norm there as is a lack of natural landscaping. Now that you've been more specific about what you are searching for perhaps you'll find some answers

NO idea why you would receive something from a realtor. My business profile clearly has nothing to do with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte