Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2015, 05:34 PM

12 posts, read 28,641 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I have recently moved to Port Charlotte into a 1969 build home....love the older styles One issue, among several lol, is that 3 of the clamshell awnings are missing the telescoping poles and of course the round covers that attached to the sides. Google searches haven't been helpful so I thought that this forum might be worth a shot. Does anyone know where you can buy replacement parts? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! George
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 05:51 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,271,528 times
NOT that Hard to make out of PVC .. Round Aluminum stock is readily available as well. OR MAYBE
http://www.sears.com/stansport-alumi...cPara=159_4155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latitude55 View Post
Hello all. I have recently moved to Port Charlotte into a 1969 build home....love the older styles One issue, among several lol, is that 3 of the clamshell awnings are missing the telescoping poles and of course the round covers that attached to the sides. Google searches haven't been helpful so I thought that this forum might be worth a shot. Does anyone know where you can buy replacement parts? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! George

Last edited by Macgregorsailor51; 11-29-2015 at 05:59 PM..

Old 11-29-2015, 06:09 PM

Home fabrication will be my last resort. I would like to try to replace with orginal style parts if possible, especially the side pieces. Plus I need one camel toe fitting, I think that is what it is called.
Attached Thumbnails
Clamshell Awning Parts-side-piece.jpg   Clamshell Awning Parts-camel-fitting.jpg  

Old 11-29-2015, 06:26 PM

Camel Toe is something ALL TOGETHER Different hahahaha Its a camel back and you don't show one
Quote:
Home fabrication will be my last resort. I would like to try to replace with orginal style parts if possible, especially the side pieces. Plus I need one camel toe fitting, I think that is what it is called.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:29 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,224,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgregorsailor51 View Post
camel toe is something all together different hahahaha its a camel back and you don't show one
lol :d

Old 11-29-2015, 06:46 PM

I feel you pain so I am burning up the internet.. Try Clamshell Awning
Affordable Aluminum Products Aluminum Awnings and Canopies

At Affordable Aluminum we have thousands of hard to find parts in stock ready for immediate delivery or pickup. From the 20 year old window crank to clamshell awning replacement arms (we also manufacture clamshell awnings!). If we do not have the exact item you are looking for in stock we can most likely have it next day. We are constantly upgrading and adding to our stock items to give you the items you need. Our fabricated items include hard to find items such as offset carport posts, custom mobile home windows, custom colored clamshell awnings, scroll posts, trim and fascia, siding and skin, faux brick molding, stairs and railing, shed extensions, carports, screen rooms, and even new mobile home set-ups just to name a few. Please click the button below labeled “mobile home parts” for a comprehensive list. Affordable Aluminum Mobile Home Parts

Old 11-29-2015, 07:12 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,552,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregorsailor51 View Post
Camel Toe is something ALL TOGETHER Different hahahaha Its a camel back and you don't show one

Old 11-29-2015, 07:27 PM

Macgregorsailor51 thanks a lot!!! LOL freudian slip

Old 11-29-2015, 08:29 PM

You are very welcome.. I knew it had to be out there and it was making me crazy hahahah OK Crazier : )
Quote:
Macgregorsailor51 thanks a lot!!! LOL freudian slip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte