Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 06:43 AM

55 posts, read 52,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
There are probably more people carrying concealed weapons around that you will never know about, as they don't make it obvious, or go around bragging about it, or have no reason to draw their weapons.

It has been legal here for years, people have had concealed weapons for years, no reason to get your panties in such a wad over the thought.
My panties are just fine thank you very much...and I'm well aware of the rules and the law. No need to be insulting.

I wasn't questioning the law or people's rights...just that I don't trust some people with guns any more than I trust some people behind the wheel of a car that should have had their driver's license taken away long ago...because they are potentially incapable of managing the responsibility entrusted to them and represent a danger to all of us.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:24 AM

2,202 posts, read 2,301,578 times
https://youtu.be/sHLEXPoiFy4

Lighten things up a bit...for Friday!

Mike

Old 12-04-2015, 07:41 AM

207 posts, read 217,644 times
Training is a definite must! I would never want a gun in the hands of someone who wasn't trained on how and most importantly, when to use it. The first response to any threat is ALWAYS to remove yourself from it if possible and allow the police to handle. That unfortunately can not always be made to happen.

Since Chicago was mentioned I thought I would post this tidbit Chicago vs. Houston

Old 12-04-2015, 08:15 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,693,238 times
Default Nov. 24th Hold Up on Scott St. PG Cleared

MEDIA RELEASE
December 3, 2015

Punta Gorda Police

On November 24, 2015, at approximately 4:31 p.m., Punta Gorda Police Officers responded to Lords and Ladies Salon which is located at 6210 Scott St. unit 212 in reference to an armed robbery that had just occurred. The store owner reported a white male entered the store, demanding cash while brandishing a handgun.

Punta Gorda Police Detectives quickly teamed up with other law enforcement agencies for this investigation. Through those efforts, James Bruce Miller III, date of birth 02-26-1985, of Lancaster, Kansas was identified.

The investigation revealed James Miller committed several similar robberies and is currently incarcerated in Jacksonville, Florida on charges out of Cocoa Beach, Florida.

Interim Chief of Police Tom Lewis stated, “These types of violent crimes are not common in our community. I’m proud of the work done in this case by our officers and investigators.”

Detectives will be securing a warrant for Miller’s arrest, which will be served prior to his release from jail in Jacksonville.

Prepared by:
Lieutenant Katie Heck
Punta Gorda Police Department
(941) 575-5525

Last edited by the searchers; 12-04-2015 at 08:33 AM..

Old 12-04-2015, 08:33 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,620,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
A 30-year-old man now incarcerated in Jacksonville will also face charges connected to a late November armed robbery at a Punta Gorda salon, according to the Punta Gorda Police Department.

A police spokesperson said James Bruce Miller III entered Lords and Ladies Salon on Scott Street with a handgun on Nov. 24 and demanded cash. An investigation revealed Miller had committed several similar robberies and is now in custody on charges on charges from Cocoa Beach.

“These types of violent crimes are not common in our community," said Tom Lewis, Punta Gorda's interim police chief. "I’m proud of the work done in this case by our officers and investigators.”

Detectives will secure an arrest warrant to be served prior to Miller's release from jail in Jacksonville.

NBC-2 TV

Posted: Dec 03, 2015 4:11 PM EST
Updated: Dec 03, 2015 4:11 PM EST
One $hitbird down, 2 to go. Doesn't say if he lived locally since he is commiting crimes all over the state. The bank robber also committed several other robberies south of here in Lee County. He robbed a Circle K the same day down there. Sounds like a druggie looking for quick money.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:46 AM

1,973 posts, read 2,271,182 times
Your tid bit is way off.. Go Figure..
According to the FBI your low on Houston and TRIPLE for Chicago..
What's that say about your site? Crime in Chicago is bad.. but close to 90% is in one area and perpetrated by two social-economical groups all living in that same area and as for guns?....... They have in that area more guns than the US-Army had at any one time in IRAQ hahhaahaha OK OK that might be a minor exaggeration. But Nothing like your chosen site hahhahaha ....I never lived in Chicago I lived way out in the suburbs.. We had Some similarities with Houston because Houston is NOT the Concentrated High Rise Ghetto... That Almost ALL Older Cites have become.. We had a 1,000,000 pop and 13 homicides

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisher419 View Post
Training is a definite must! I would never want a gun in the hands of someone who wasn't trained on how and most importantly, when to use it. The first response to any threat is ALWAYS to remove yourself from it if possible and allow the police to handle. That unfortunately can not always be made to happen.

Since Chicago was mentioned I thought I would post this tidbit Chicago vs. Houston

Old 12-04-2015, 08:47 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,693,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEC1 View Post
My panties are just fine thank you very much...and I'm well aware of the rules and the law. No need to be insulting.

I wasn't questioning the law or people's rights...just that I don't trust some people with guns any more than I trust some people behind the wheel of a car that should have had their driver's license taken away long ago...because they are potentially incapable of managing the responsibility entrusted to them and represent a danger to all of us.
Actually you were somewhat insulting with your statement about the area being filled with people that should have their driver's licenses taken away....long ago.

Perhaps this is not the best area for you to move to if you are that concerned with advanced age.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:49 AM

I Loved That!!!
Now make Homer older fatter more out of shape hahahaha or younger taller skinny shaking from the DT's and Tattooed ALL OVER hahahaaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafood Junky View Post
https://youtu.be/sHLEXPoiFy4

Lighten things up a bit...for Friday!

Mike

Old 12-04-2015, 09:09 AM

55 posts, read 52,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Actually you were somewhat insulting with your statement about the area being filled with people that should have their driver's licenses taken away....long ago.

Perhaps this is not the best area for you to move to if you are that concerned with advanced age.
hahahaha...who said this area is "filled"?... not me!

One of the things I like best about PGI is that the area is populated with an abundance mature adults who are typically more friendly, helpful, etc...and frankly share similar values to our own.

I have not experienced any issues with drivers in this area. However, we all know that there ARE issues with SOME drivers (throughout the US) that are no longer capable of handling a motor vehicle in a safe manner.

But frankly that was just a means of comparing the lack of training or ability between two rights that aren't always appropriate for every single person.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:38 AM

That said I would be/ am more , concerned about being killed in a vehicular incident than a homicide.. With VERY FEW EXCEPTIONs Rt 41 is the only issue here.. Unfortunately I am on 41 everyday with NO WAY to avoid it.. My wife was hit this summer in her Mustang.. Legal right hand turn off 41 With The Green Light... traffic was backed up on Harbor. An elderly fellow on that 41 Frontage tried to get across Harbor and ran right into her front left 1/4.. $6000 later... All is fine.. But I have gone to that same friends home on my motorcycle and with the Edgewater Rd. Project from hell, I too have to use Harbor.. NOW.. when riding my motorcycle, I most often get off 41 by the DQ and I avoid THOSE People and their poor choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEC1 View Post
hahahaha...who said this area is "filled"?... not me!

One of the things I like best about PGI is that the area is populated with an abundance mature adults who are typically more friendly, helpful, etc...and frankly share similar values to our own.

I have not experienced any issues with drivers in this area. However, we all know that there ARE issues with SOME drivers (throughout the US) that are no longer capable of handling a motor vehicle in a safe manner.

But frankly that was just a means of comparing the lack of training or ability between two rights that aren't always appropriate for every single person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte