Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 06:18 PM

5,143 posts, read 4,910,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEC1 View Post
But rather the completely ludicrous idea that someone would worry about strapping on their gun before a trip to Dunks...or Church...or Wal-mart...or Hurricane Charleys...etc.
Yes, ludicrous to think that multiple people may be murdered in a church, WalMart, school... Oh, never mind.....it's already recently happened.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:20 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,600,312 times
Think about walking into the 7/11 a few weeks ago to buy a coffee in PGI probably one of the safest large areas on the west coast of fla. Some guy comes n and shoots the clerk and your in the back of the store when this happens. Tell me how you would feel then. I don't understand why people think its hilarious and silly for a law abiding citizen the right to protect themselves. You guys be victims, me I'm going home.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:33 PM

55 posts, read 51,944 times
The right to protect yourself is one I would fight to the death to protect...

The idea that you NEED to do that in a town like this is where we differ. Yes, there have been some horrific incidents lately and I wonder what would have happened if someone had the ability to fight back...in Paris or Cali or other places. A hand gun against an assault rifle...hmmmm. You better be really good or you're inviting more than a few rounds your way.

I just pray that as you try to get the gun out of your holster and shoot the 7/11 robber that you don't hit me or anyone else...because frankly I don't believe you or any other average citizen is qualified to manage a situation like that.

Oh and make sure you wear a hard hat as you walk around the town...there is always the chance that a coconut will fall out of the tree and hit you on the head.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:33 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,809,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
Yes, ludicrous to think that multiple people may be murdered in a church, WalMart, school... Oh, never mind.....it's already recently happened.
The old it won't happen to me attitude! 20 years ago I may have agreed, in this day and age I don't take anything for granted. So call it what you like but I will protect myself and my family by any means possible.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:38 PM

66 posts, read 63,790 times
Yeah that would be silly to carry a gun to church.... Tell that to the pastor and the other victims at a bible study group in Charleston.

I will be moving to Port Charlotte in A few weeks and I have done some research on Florida gun laws. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you restricted from carrying a concealed weapon into a place that serves alcohol, i.e. Hurricane Charley's?

Bill

Old 12-04-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:

The idea that you NEED to do that in a town like this is where we differ. Yes, there have been some horrific incidents lately and I wonder what would have happened if someone had the ability to fight back...in Paris or Cali or other places. A hand gun against an assault rifle...hmmmm. You better be really good or you're inviting more than a few rounds your way.

I just pray that as you try to get the gun out of your holster and shoot the 7/11 robber that you don't hit me or anyone else...because frankly I don't believe you or any other average citizen is qualified to manage a situation like that.

Oh and make sure you wear a hard hat as you walk around the town...there is always the chance that a coconut will fall out of the tree and hit you on the head.
You wouldn't think you NEED armed officers in schools either, but unfortunately today you do. What makes you think PG is safer than an elementary school? I would hope they both are but again today you never know.
And you are correct you probably have a better chance getting hit by a coconut, but...........

Old 12-04-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjereb View Post
Yeah that would be silly to carry a gun to church.... Tell that to the pastor and the other victims at a bible study group in Charleston.

I will be moving to Port Charlotte in A few weeks and I have done some research on Florida gun laws. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you restricted from carrying a concealed weapon into a place that serves alcohol, i.e. Hurricane Charley's?

Bill
Bill I will say this retired out of state LEO's can carry there, but will have to check on citizens.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:48 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,600,312 times
Quote:

This is getting comical now. People in the concert hall in Paris were getting picked off one by one for over and hour and couldn't defend themselves. As for me Ive been there and done that. My training was close to 30 years with one of the finest PDs in the country some with SWAT. Did I mention 4 years with the army. And continous training after this.And BTW I would probably lay my life on the line helping you even though I shouldn't. Now back to your coconuts. Boy america is going down the tubes.

Old 12-04-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
This is getting comical now. People in the concert hall in Paris were getting picked off one by one for over and hour and couldn't defend themselves. As for me Ive been there and done that. My training was close to 30 years with one of the finest PDs in the country some with SWAT. Did I mention 4 years with the army. And continous training after this.And BTW I would probably law my life on the line helping you even though I shouldn't. Now back to your coconuts. Boy america is going down the tubes.
Hahaha I didn't want to say that they would have wanted you at 7/11 drawing your weapon.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:05 PM

55 posts, read 51,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
This is getting comical now. People in the concert hall in Paris were getting picked off one by one for over and hour and couldn't defend themselves. As for me Ive been there and done that. My training was close to 30 years with one of the finest PDs in the country some with SWAT. Did I mention 4 years with the army. And continous training after this.And BTW I would probably lay my life on the line helping you even though I shouldn't. Now back to your coconuts. Boy america is going down the tubes.
Congrats...You may be the one in a hundred that IS QUALIFIED...and that's awesome!....good for you and thanks for your service...we're all indebted. You don't need to get angry though....can't we disagree without getting hostile?

Could PGI be Paris or Cali? Sure it could...is it likely? ummm I don't think so. I just refuse to live my life in fear...and if you're being honest you KNOW that there are some jokers out there carrying that don't have the first clue what they're doing.

America isn't going down the tubes...this thread is evidence of that. We can have semi-cordial, somewhat non-insulting discussion about our rights and how we choose to exercise them....and that is the essence of freedom....that I'm sure we can agree on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte