Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 05:18 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,523,474 times

Advertisements

What does PGI stand for ? I have family in the Deep Creek area.. I have sent several emails and still waiting on a reply... please DM me if any information Thanks

Last edited by TN Tin Man; 01-17-2016 at 05:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 05:28 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
PGI stands for Punta Gorda Isles. It is the biggest of many communities in Punta Gorda. If you go to a map of Punta Gorda look for Aqui Esta which run into the middle of it.

There are many more sections of the city of Punta Gorda but Deep Creek is actually in Charlotte County and not in the city.

I do not believe there were any injuries in Deep Creek as a result of this storm activity.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:44 PM

4,861 posts, read 2,673,519 times
hey MA, say ya on the news..all ya needed was a PBR in hand to go with your wife beater..lol..just kidding..glad you didn't have damage any worse than you did..a couple lost their lives up in Sarasota was it?..count your blessings for sure..all is well here at our place in PC..just some palm fronds and pine tree debris on the roads here locally..if anyone needs help with clean up, give me a shout.

Bud

Old 01-17-2016, 05:49 PM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
What a 12 hour period! Been cleaning up here all day. Never even saw myself on the news but glad to read on here I didn't embarrass myself. I had every intention of doing a bunch of pictures around here but quickly realized I had not time to fool around.

I had been awake til 1, thanks to that thrilling finish in the Cardinals game. Our weather radio alerted me awake at about 3:30 AM with the tornado warning for PC NP and I'm right near the border. I got busy closing all of the windows and checking the locking in all of the slider doors. The big event happened at exactly 4:39, marked by my security cams. The review looks like a bomb blast.

My neighbor to the South took the worst. He lost his 4x4 Dock light, boat lift cover canvas (I didn't lose a bungee), a carport awning on his second lot, a pine tree, a huge oak tree, part of which landed half on my dock, half in the canal, and he lost all of his rain gutters.

I lost 2 beams in my new pool cage, some soffit panels, a chair off my dock, had plant and dirt debris tattooed on all south facing walls, a large bottle brush tree down and found a ton of crap strew across my property. Was very lucky my boat didn't turn over in the driveway. At the moment of the event, was very thankful we'd upgraded our doors and windows to be impact resistant. Sort of feel like every room is a safe room at my house.

Here's some video from my security cams. One is every camera together, the second is the boat cam, zoomed in.

http://youtu.be/b7amVE-GWCI

http://youtu.be/E7EU4CUk6ig
I think I saw you on the 6 o'clock NBC news- they mentioned a Murdock neighborhood and pool cage damage, and mentioned that the guy they were interviewing watched the storm from his security TV. Sure sounds like your descriptions, and if so, .

Maybe you can catch that segment on the 11PM NBC news, they showed it within a couple minutes of beginning the news at 6PM. Or maybe it's accessible on their website, worth checking anyhow. If I were on TV I sure would want to check it out, anyway.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:17 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,523,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
PGI stands for Punta Gorda Isles. It is the biggest of many communities in Punta Gorda. If you go to a map of Punta Gorda look for Aqui Esta which run into the middle of it.

There are many more sections of the city of Punta Gorda but Deep Creek is actually in Charlotte County and not in the city.

I do not believe there were any injuries in Deep Creek as a result of this storm activity.
From what I was watching on National News here in Tennessee.. They were calling out counties.. and not knowing were in the county was the question.. Thanks for the information

Old 01-20-2016, 06:17 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
In case you missed it, the National Weather Service ruled this storm as being "Straight Line Winds" and estimates speeds at 70-90 MPH, depending on where you were. My final damages were only about $300 plus a days labor clean up from my wife and I. My next door neighbor's damages are in the thousands. His boat lift cover is destroyed, canvas and frame alike. It was about 20 years old though. Mine is 7 years old and was unscathed.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:57 PM

704 posts, read 771,659 times
MA, when living in Dallas a storm came through that totaled by brothers house, uprooted numerous old trees, did all kinds of damage and I would have sworn by the damage it was a tornado. It was deemed straight line winds.

Old 01-20-2016, 07:32 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
Yah, thanks for that perspective, OG. I'm glad I had the footage captured by my security cameras because otherwise, I'm not sure I'd have adequately understood the power of that storm. Not that it makes a big difference, but it provided clarity for me. Glad the boat/trailer didn't roll. Wonder if having the weight of 30 gallons of fuel on board made the difference there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte