Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 07:30 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,629,036 times

Advertisements

One of the nice things about Punta Gorda is that large body of water and big bridge that separates us from the people who think they live here.

Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 07:45 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,820,221 times
I love the Charlotte Harbor!

Old 07-23-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay35 View Post
I love the Charlotte Harbor!
Me too...it's like a big moat filled with sharks and alligators.

Gary

Old 07-23-2016, 08:56 AM

296 posts, read 319,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
One of the nice things about Punta Gorda is that large body of water and big bridge that separates us from the people who think they live here.

Gary
Yea sort of like the Severn River, one side is Annapolis Md and guess what's on the other side? Annapolis Md...bwahahahah

Old 07-23-2016, 10:19 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,224,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdoc3037 View Post
Yea sort of like the Severn River, one side is Annapolis Md and guess what's on the other side? Annapolis Md...bwahahahah

Not according to the map. The boundary for Annapolis stops at the river, just like Punta Gorda.

Deep Creek is considered an unincorporated community with a Port Charlotte phone listing. Punta Gorda is an incorporated city.

I can't prove it but I bet only a few people that live in DC actually believe they live in PG. Post #20 by Jersey Man says it all.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:16 AM

14,925 posts, read 12,123,994 times
Quote:
Yes however my deed and title papers shows Deep Creek is PG and in PGI....perhaps they are incorrect but that is what the title people think.

I think the names on your deed and title papers reflects the name requested by the developer for permits to build in both those areas, and and the Burnt Store area as well. Doesn't refer to the geographical location of either Deep Creek or the Burnt Store developments relative to PGI, but to a common developer.

And I can promise you that if you tell someone looking for directions to your house that you live in PGI ( because, after all, it says PGI on your deed), they'll be looking for it on the wrong end of town, and on the other side of the river.

Old 07-23-2016, 12:18 PM

I'm going to settle this once and for all!

If you live in Deep Creek you can note vote in Punta Gorda City elections, therefore you don't live in Punta Gorda.

In addition that development was built by the Punta Gorda Isles Company and that is probably why it shows up on your deed. The residents of Deep Creek are as close to living in Punta Gorda as the people in another development are to living in the town of KB Homes.

Gary

Old 07-23-2016, 02:01 PM

296 posts, read 319,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
Not according to the map. The boundary for Annapolis stops at the river, just like Punta Gorda.

Deep Creek is considered an unincorporated community with a Port Charlotte phone listing. Punta Gorda is an incorporated city.

I can't prove it but I bet only a few people that live in DC actually believe they live in PG. Post #20 by Jersey Man says it all.
Your maps skills are lacking, just to name one of your lacking's...If you take rt 50 over the Severn from the city of Annapolis heading towards the bay bridge, that whole 7 mile span is still Annapolis......it may not be the CITY LIMITS of Annapolis but its Annapolis. An Annapolis mailing addy, as MY SISTER lives in that exact area....

And I could really care less if I live in PG, DC, PC, NP or Japan, El Toro Calif...etc, it just seems to upset a few of you guys on here that DC has a PG mailing addy, lol, so I like to poke you guys. Maybe if it will help you relax on the topic you can think of it like the Annapolis, or as locals call it, Naptown, example you have wrong...its not within the CITY limits of PG, but its still a PG mailing addy.....whatever helps you get over this fixation you have. Sometimes I get bored and I know if I post about DC and it being PG, or PGI then you and some other poster are all over it...its hilarious. I mean really, does it matter? Is it worth getting all upset over? And don't try to say it doesn't bother you, as you respond each and every time, if it didn't bother you then you would not respond....hahaha

Now just relax man, try to get out, smell some fresh air, maybe have a beer, it will be ok..... You remind me of that crabby old man who yells at the kids to 'get the hell out of my yard'. But in this case you are yelling, 'YOU DON'T LIVE IN PUNTA GORDA, ONLY ME AND MY FRIEND DOES'....lol

Last edited by jetdoc3037; 07-23-2016 at 02:20 PM..

Old 07-23-2016, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Your maps skills are lacking, just to name one of your lacking's...If you take rt 50 over the Severn from the city of Annapolis heading towards the bay bridge, that whole 7 mile span is still Annapolis......it may not be the CITY LIMITS of Annapolis but its Annapolis. An Annapolis mailing addy, as MY SISTER lives in that exact area....

And I could really care less if I live in PG, DC, PC, NP or Japan, El Toro Calif...etc, it just seems to upset a few of you guys on here that DC has a PG mailing addy, lol, so I like to poke you guys. Maybe if it will help you relax on the topic you can think of it like the Annapolis, or as locals call it, Naptown, example you have wrong...its not within the CITY limits of PG, but its still a PG mailing addy.....whatever helps you get over this fixation you have. Sometimes I get bored and I know if I post about DC and it being PG, or PGI then you and some other poster are all over it...its hilarious. I mean really, does it matter? Is it worth getting all upset over? And don't try to say it doesn't bother you, as you respond each and every time, if it didn't bother you then you would not respond....hahaha

Now just relax man, try to get out, smell some fresh air, maybe have a beer, it will be ok..... You remind me of that crabby old man who yells at the kids to 'get the hell out of my yard'. But in this case you are yelling, 'YOU DON'T LIVE IN PUNTA GORDA, ONLY ME AND MY FRIEND DOES'....lol
No worries we just didn't want you to have wrong info.

Gary

Old 07-23-2016, 05:29 PM

4,846 posts, read 2,663,915 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte