Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 09:48 AM

46 posts, read 40,781 times

Advertisements

I currently own a home in the spring lake sewer project area.
I have already paid my tax bill twice since purchasing the home, which includes the sewer assessment.
I'm pAying, but so far no sewer hook up.
Does anyone have information as to when homes will actually be hooked up to sewer ?
I'd like to be in Port Charlotte when my home is hooked up.
Also ,does anyone know if septic tanks will be removed?
Thanks in advance.
Love reading peoples comments on this forum!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 10:27 AM

5,166 posts, read 4,938,673 times
Here is the link to the county's website regarding the Spring Lake Sewer Expansion project. You may be able to find the info there. https://www.charlottecountyfl.gov/dept/utilities/Pages/Spring-Lake-Project.aspx
In regards to septic tanks, I've been told that they will be crushed in upon hookup to the sewer pipes.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:44 PM

3,179 posts, read 5,998,184 times
Tanks will not be removed. They will be crushed in and the cheapest fill dirt imaginable will be used to cover it. CCU won't even be able to give you an exact hook-up date until it's a week or two out. Right now, they're still laying the main lines and building the transfer pump stations, so it will be a while yet. Just keep on paying.... that's all they care about. It's why we cashed in and sold and hoofed it over to Englewood 2yrs ago :-)

Old 05-23-2016, 06:21 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,440,025 times
We are SE of Tarpon, haven't even started laying pipe. Still have to connect to the sewer line across 41. Months out before connections start.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:14 PM

MikMil..thank you for sending the web site. It may contain information I wanted. However, when I try to down load what maybe a. Sewer connection
Schedule I get a blank page! Lol
I'll keep trying!

Old 05-24-2016, 04:20 PM

Harbor Hopper, kentuck has a somewhat questionable reputation for not always being prudent spending..but I'm wondering if C.C. isn't worse.
If my realtor had told me about the sewer systemgoingin I might have been a neighbor in Englewood!Might still end up there.

Old 05-24-2016, 04:25 PM

Restrain..I bet you live very near me!
I do know I have very nice neighbors. Everybody has been very welcoming and call me when I not there if they see anything suspicious.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:23 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,440,025 times
We have good neighbors as well. Met more down here in a week than we met in a year back in Dallas.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:08 PM

Restrain. We found the same thing to be true. One of the reasons we picked port Charlotte was because we had met so many friendly people when visiting the area.
For the record my house is actually west of 41 about 2 blocks north of tarpon. I made a offer on a house on tampon and it wS accepted but when it was inspected I was shocked how much was wrong...lol even the wall on the canal had problems.
Anyway...back to sewer, I'm not happy.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:36 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,784,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ky-guy View Post
I made a offer on a house on tampon and it wS accepted
speelcheck lol

ill probably be the last house hooked up last on the list on the sunrise. im just hoping they finnish edgewater before they dig up my neighborhood, so I can go back to leaving on edgewater rather then port charlotte when they have it all messed up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte