Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 01:30 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times

Advertisements

Trying not to go off topic here; but I was interested in a condo in the PG/Lake Suzy area recently and found some prices 35% higher than 4 yrs. ago. That is quite a hike in dollars on a $135K condo that sold 4 yrs. ago for $85K to $90K. I decided that the ones selling now are mainly the investors who bought low, and see an opportunity to cash out. I will wait for a market that is not an overheated pressure cooker. I am not an investor, but I am a retired Realtor.

You'll see 2 or 3 yrs. from now those prices will level to a realistic level; the investors know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 01:37 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,693,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
The price is a big difference. I guess I should have been more specific. 50k on a 500k home offer reduction is not the same as a 30k on a 150k home. The days of offering 30k less on a 150k home should be gone. But then again I should have known when the buyers agent said he should have cut this guy [buyer] loose a year ago, that he wastes his time going around looking at things and never buying. He is a bottom feeder. I countered back at 147 900 and was countered back at 125 from 120 LOL. I then countered back at 149900. I don't get mad, I just raise the price.
How long has the property been for sale?

Old 05-26-2016, 01:46 PM

3,179 posts, read 5,998,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
The thing I also see is that real estate is moving but there are a lot of buyers who think its 5 years ago and they can offer 30k less than asking. I am hoping that the influx of population makes a change there. Cheap people trying to bottom feed is a pain.
Yep, 4-5 yrs ago, the economy was still weaker and we didn't have as many visitors. And I agree about some folks still think they can low-ball sellers. I have to educate folks all the time about this. I hate it when the current is compared with the past. It makes it very awkward, and people don't want to hear the reality of the current market but it is what it is, like it or not. Just last week I had a guy want to offer $180k on a $270k house. I refused to do it and explained why. He got upset and of course said "I'll find someone else and I WILL get it at that price!" Yeah, good luck with that.

Old 05-26-2016, 03:06 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,784,482 times
business here has been up the best sence 2004. and it does seen more and more people are staying here too. that said a lot of traffic used to use edgewwater drive but all that now has beed forced to use 41. ive seen a lot of accident this past year at the access road intersections from the detours,.

Old 05-26-2016, 05:36 PM

4,849 posts, read 2,665,246 times
traffic here in PC on 41 is still just as bad as it was in season

Old 05-26-2016, 06:29 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,440,025 times
A lot of the traffic problems is the fact that the northwest traffic lights are synced...to turn red when the light in front turns green, so you have to stop at every friggin' light.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:33 AM

281 posts, read 405,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
Just last week I had a guy want to offer $180k on a $270k house. I refused to do it and explained why. He got upset and of course said "I'll find someone else and I WILL get it at that price!" Yeah, good luck with that.
One of the other problems is the unending real estate shows on HGTV and others that constantly show people making these crazy offers and getting them. It makes it seem like the norm for buying RE.

Old 05-27-2016, 09:03 AM

3,179 posts, read 5,998,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
One of the other problems is the unending real estate shows on HGTV and others that constantly show people making these crazy offers and getting them. It makes it seem like the norm for buying RE.
Yep, and wouldn't you know, it's ALL scripted! Good friends just moved down to St John and had 2 days of filming for HGTV and they were amazed at all the fake crap they were expected to say & do. They refused most, pissed off the producers, and were told that their episode may never air since they wouldn't play along. It's all fake. Anything to get viewers.

Old 05-27-2016, 10:58 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times
Quote:
Yep, and wouldn't you know, it's ALL scripted! Good friends just moved down to St John and had 2 days of filming for HGTV and they were amazed at all the fake crap they were expected to say & do. They refused most, pissed off the producers, and were told that their episode may never air since they wouldn't play along. It's all fake. Anything to get viewers.

Yes, it is ridiculous. One of our offices up here near Asheville got 'chosen' to do an episode about 4 yrs. ago or so and it was the topic of conversation and chuckles for quite awhile. All of the shows are so mundane, the people say the same thing, over and over. They do take 3 houses that the people looked at, including the one they purchased. We were surprised that the agents went along with it, but $$, it was a slow market.

I especially laugh at the episodes of the two brothers who remodel. If we ever showed a $950K house (that has everything they want), to a $400K buyer we'd get some nasty feedback from the homeowner, or the listing agent for "using" them. Of course! they are going to love something they can't afford. D'oh........

Old 05-27-2016, 12:34 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
I watch some of those House Hunter shows sometimes( I like watching something mindless and stupid when I'm exercising, LOL), and IMO it's painfully obvious how scripted the shows are. Most of the buyers are pretty lousy actors, so their lines sound stiff and rehearsed, not to mention it's the same lines, over and over again, said by multiple buyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte