U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 09:44 AM

704 posts, read 516,405 times

Advertisements

So far not much in Venice a few wind gusts and a little bit of light rain. Husband works in Sarasota and they have had a little heavy rain and some pretty good gusts but still nothing bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,932,559 times
Most of the rain has been just missing the PC beach area to the west and north but it has been windy. Tide is coming in very fast now and i'm a little worried about this afternoon's high tide.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:16 AM

55 posts, read 35,837 times
Thanks so much for the up to date reports...the media always makes things seem worse than it is...good luck to everyone in the path of this thing.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:42 AM

8,868 posts, read 6,010,039 times
Just a little wind, and rain here- upriver from PG just south of the Desoto county line. The water levels aren't even any higher (right now, anyway) than we normally see during high tides.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:04 AM

8,868 posts, read 6,010,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
I will tell you that for TS Debby, I didn't hear the part that said for PG residents only... Went to the location, found no one there but found bags, sand and a shovel. I helped myself to all I needed. Unless of course, you reading this, are with the acts of PG? In that case the above is a complete work of fiction and that never happened. Neat really happened was I went to a hurricane party thrown by friglipz and woke up having dreamed that whole scenario.

Good luck everyone. I had to flee the area to a work emergency in Missouri. I wish I were there to weather the storm vs what I'm dealing with here.
Right now it's no worse than the rains we get during a summer storm here. Not even much wind. I can't say I remember announcements about sandbag preparations for Debby, but if I recall, Debby hung out in the Gulf off SW and central coastal FL for a few days before it headed north, adding to the total rainfall for the area. Colin is moving faster, as I understand it, so probably won't dump as much rainfall here as Debby did. I'm speculating that the Charlotte county emergency management folks are more worried this time around for the areas that normally flood during heavy rains, such as downtown PG (does PGI flood like that?), thinking this storm won't cause flooding outside those areas. Or maybe they have a sand shortage.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:31 AM

2,273 posts, read 1,574,735 times
Our house is there sitting empty right now.. Hate not being there just in case anything happens. We have 3 weeks until we move in. Sounds like right now it's not very intense which is good to hear.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:39 AM

1,917 posts, read 1,815,480 times
That why I have cameras....

Nothing going on in PG

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Official 2016 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread-image.jpeg  

Old 06-06-2016, 12:00 PM

1,619 posts, read 1,932,559 times
The tide is up to the bottom of my dock and we still have more than an hour+ of incoming tide, plus stronger south winds coming. The seawall across the canal will be completely under with another 4". Had to raise the neighbor's boat lift as the boat was getting ready to float.

The winds and squalls are coming, I am hoping I don't lose power....at least till the Nascar race is finished .

Old 06-06-2016, 12:03 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,040,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
Our house is there sitting empty right now.. Hate not being there just in case anything happens. We have 3 weeks until we move in. Sounds like right now it's not very intense which is good to hear.
I hope everything will be ok for your move!! Think positive

Old 06-06-2016, 12:08 PM

489 posts, read 419,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyGras View Post
That why I have cameras....

Nothing going on in PG

Gary
Me too. Rain now and windy
Attached Thumbnails
Official 2016 Atlantic Hurricane Season Thread-pool.png  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte