Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 06:37 AM

14 posts, read 16,171 times

Advertisements

Considering purchasing a home in one of these developments. Does anyone have any experience with them or the builders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2016, 09:53 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,819,850 times
Tuscany is KB and I believe Creekside is Adams. They are both known for a lot of square footage for a small price. Depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for affordable that would be a good fit. What are you looking for? What amenities? Price range? Square footage? How close to the beach? Are schools important?

I think we'd need to know a little about you to know if it's a good fit.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:54 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,490,803 times
Tuscany Isles are paired villas only. They do not have single family homes. Some are located with lake views. They have a walking path around the lake. They are close to I-75 and depending on the way the wind blows, you can sometimes hear the traffic. It is a gated community with a community pool. The HOA fees are $702 per quarter. They are built by KB Home. It is close enough to downtown Punta Gorda to enjoy what the city has to offer.

Creekside is a non-gated community. They are located off of I-75 at Jones Loop Rd. They do not have any community amenities other than a gazebo looking over a lake. Adams Homes and KB Homes were building in there. Creekside has different sized homes. They have a lot of two story homes. They usually have pre-construction, new construction and existing resales. The HOA fee works out to $62.96 per month.

Another KB Home development just around the corner from Creekside is Oak Harbour. They have larger wooded lots 1/4 acre to 1/2 acre sized. There is a lot premium on top of the price of the home. They do not have a lot of lots left in there. It is a gated community. They do not have amenities but will have a common area with a covered pavilion. These homes are built with "green" construction in mind which will help on your utility bills. The HOA fee is $375 per quarter and they have a one time capital contribution fee of $500. They offer some design options to choose from. If you go to their web site you can use the the interactive floor plan and add the features you want and then print it.

KB Home developments have a few different floor plans with basic options or you can upgrade. They usually write the contract then you go to the KB Home Design Center in Tampa to select your options.

Last edited by TamRE; 06-28-2016 at 04:07 PM..

Old 08-22-2016, 02:38 PM

37 posts, read 36,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkerr45 View Post
Considering purchasing a home in one of these developments. Does anyone have any experience with them or the builders.
Still interested in help with this area. Tuscany isle off Taylor rd in Punta Gorda. It's a KB Home community and have seen many complaints about KB but old complaints. 3-5 year old complaints . Did KB get it right ? Are there not building inspectors in Florida that make sure it's not crap? I'm ready to buy in Tuscany and need some feedback and so does Tkerr45. Thanks

Old 08-22-2016, 02:47 PM

Tamer. Great review very detailed what do you know about the quality of KB. I've seen you tube vids and many BBB complaints about them. But if they are still allowed to build, I assume all is ok.
I'm thinking of a lake front property at Tuscany, however, lake front in New Hampshire is one thing, a nice swim, but lake front at Tuscany, could be a matter of life and death, any gators?

Old 08-22-2016, 03:20 PM

2,202 posts, read 2,282,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manugit View Post
Tamer. Great review very detailed what do you know about the quality of KB. I've seen you tube vids and many BBB complaints about them. But if they are still allowed to build, I assume all is ok.
I'm thinking of a lake front property at Tuscany, however, lake front in New Hampshire is one thing, a nice swim, but lake front at Tuscany, could be a matter of life and death, any gators?
Always a strong possibility!

Old 08-22-2016, 03:42 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,674,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manugit View Post
Do bears maintain restrooms in the woods?

Old 08-22-2016, 08:18 PM

14 posts, read 16,171 times
Quote:
We ended up purchasing in Tuscany Isles and will close next week. One very important thing we discovered is that you own the land and the building. The HOA does maintain the exterior, lawn and landscaping. This came to light when we getting insurance. The lender said we had to insure the structure as did KB's insurance company. My agent researched the condo doc's and that was his conclusion also. This was not what our sales agent led us to believe. We were somewhat disappointed but in the big picture all it amounted to was a minor increase in the insurance premium. So be aware and if someone comes up with a different answer please let me know and I hope that folks that have already bought there have adequate insurance.

Old 08-23-2016, 01:00 AM

tkerr45 congrats on Tuscany, I think I'm sold on Tuscany too. The insurance info was very helpful. The area looks nice and a lake front home is also sweet. I don't know a thing about construction , do you have any insight as to the builder and previous issues with KB... Back here in New England, and we think it's a good move.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:19 AM

Quote:
We ended up purchasing in Tuscany Isles and will close next week. One very important thing we discovered is that you own the land and the building. The HOA does maintain the exterior, lawn and landscaping. This came to light when we getting insurance. The lender said we had to insure the structure as did KB's insurance company. My agent researched the condo doc's and that was his conclusion also. This was not what our sales agent led us to believe. We were somewhat disappointed but in the big picture all it amounted to was a minor increase in the insurance premium. So be aware and if someone comes up with a different answer please let me know and I hope that folks that have already bought there have adequate insurance.
Hello Tkerr, I hope you continue staying connected to this site ,or feel free to contact me on my e mail address listed in my profile. As I mentioned somewhere, I'm thinking of putting $ down at Tuscany. If you can spare a minute, thanks. We are in New England and have had a few drive by's in the neighborhood and find the population of folks to be late 50 and up, no kids and generally friendly and easy to talk to. Did you have any additional home inspections performed as a way to safeguard your investment, or were you confident in the current home inspections that were done? What do you know about an 8 foot gator that lives in the lake? Any positive and negative comments would be greatly appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte