U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 07:38 PM

85 posts, read 84,711 times

Advertisements

I used DR. DONALD GARROW, Gastroenterology 2061 Englewood Road*Englewood,*FL*34223 and was very pleased. We have been here for just over 3 years and really have no complaints with any of the medical providers we have been using. We are also from Jersey, Philly area, and were concerned about finding quality providers ourselves which everyone said didn't exist. But that hasn't been the case with us. I'm looking to having a hip replaced in September and having the procedure done at Englewood Community Hospital. It may take some research but there are some good providers in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 09:53 AM

45 posts, read 47,734 times
Here is a link to Leapfrog hospital ratings.
Search Results

I have no complaints about the providers I have found... I just had to search out of the area and check what hospitals they practice out of. Our 3 local hospitals aren't good. You go to a hospital to get better, not worse. Too many people don't check. But to have a GP that you have never seen.. absurd. The labs call him Dr. Vampire. Your visits always include an order to go to a lab and return in a few months to do it all over again. They do not tell you in advance what is ordered, just expect you to be an open checkbook. Last time I was checked for a TON of hormones. When I got the results I asked why this was ordered!! Was told I am in menopause....I should hope so! That in itself DOES NOT necessitate a battery of bloodwork! So I am looking for another. Glad to see Englewood has an A rating.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:13 PM

390 posts, read 370,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsfriend View Post
Here is a link to Leapfrog hospital ratings.
Search Results

I have no complaints about the providers I have found... I just had to search out of the area and check what hospitals they practice out of. Our 3 local hospitals aren't good. You go to a hospital to get better, not worse. Too many people don't check. But to have a GP that you have never seen.. absurd. The labs call him Dr. Vampire. Your visits always include an order to go to a lab and return in a few months to do it all over again. They do not tell you in advance what is ordered, just expect you to be an open checkbook. Last time I was checked for a TON of hormones. When I got the results I asked why this was ordered!! Was told I am in menopause....I should hope so! That in itself DOES NOT necessitate a battery of bloodwork! So I am looking for another. Glad to see Englewood has an A rating.
You need to be your OWN ADVOCATE when it comes to your health. Even if that means calling the lab to see what tests were ordered from the doctor. To let the doctors make there own decisions on what they think is best for you without you researching or even asking the doctor any questions you might have, is complete stupidity on a patients part. Doctors are people just like us. They have bad days, good days, and they screw up too at their job. They are not to be taken at face value ever!

Old 07-18-2016, 08:57 AM

531 posts, read 932,402 times
I also recommend Dr. Garrow.

Old 07-18-2016, 01:16 PM

64 posts, read 33,367 times
Make that a 3rd for Dr Garrow. My wife had a surgical procedure done by him and he gave her his cell phone number in case she had problems so she wouldn't have to go through the office.

Bill J
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or