Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:16 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,793,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
don't worry you can still vote
Rotflmao!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 11:53 AM

6 posts, read 5,733 times
The taxpayers and city of Punta Gorda got a very lucky break here. The value of human life combined with the massive amount of neglect could have driven a much larger settlement.

This is perhaps a statement of the fine character of the Knowlton family. As was reported in the news, this is a $2M settlement, which is the limit of the payout from the city's insurance policy. An additional $60K pays for the family's legal expenses, and it's paid out of a city emergency fund. Appears the Knowlton family did not want to harm the city. If so, that makes them fine people in my book.

It strikes me as really stupid, if not in bad taste, that the PGPD would continue to do these Citizens academies, particularly without the results of the FDLE made public. I'm shocked!

Old 11-07-2016, 10:46 AM

138 posts, read 127,539 times
Quote:
don't worry you can still vote
LOLOLOL,doesn't apply,I am a conservative.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:34 PM

3,645 posts, read 7,108,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyToRelax View Post
LOLOLOL,doesn't apply,I am a conservative.

doesn't matter it will still count for the other side !

Old 11-08-2016, 08:40 AM

14,799 posts, read 11,940,829 times
Quote:
doesn't matter it will still count for the other side !
Not only that, you can vote as many times as you would like. The more the better!

Old 11-08-2016, 06:12 PM

138 posts, read 127,539 times
I'm trying very hard to convince my Grandmother not to vote for Clinton..........She has been deceased for 37 years and casts 50 ballots.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:17 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,793,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyToRelax View Post
I'm trying very hard to convince my Grandmother not to vote for Clinton..........She has been deceased for 37 years and casts 50 ballots.
Hahaha

Old 02-23-2017, 03:10 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,674,386 times
Default Punta Gorda chief on paid leave following charge in librarian’s killing

PUNTA GORDA, Fla. Punta Gorda Police Chief Tom Lewis has been placed on paid administrative leave, City Manager Howard Kunik said Thursday.

Lewis was charged Wednesday with culpable negligence, a second-degree misdemeanor, in the death of Mary Knowlton, who was shot and killed in August during a citizen’s police academy training exercise.

Captain Jason Ciaschini will serve as interim chief, Kunik said.

Kunik maintains admiration for Lewis despite the move, calling him “an honorable man” during Thursday’s press conference.

Lewis said shortly after the shooting that he had no intention of resigning but vowed to make changes to department procedures.

Officer Lee Coel, who allegedly shot Knowlton, is charged with first-degree manslaugther and remains on paid administrative leave.

Coel will participate in a disciplinary hearing scheduled for next week, Kunik said.

Some community members stood outside City Hall protesting Lewis’ administrative leave.

See WINK video here: Punta Gorda chief on paid leave following charge in librarian’s killing | WINK NEWS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte