U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 04:30 PM

8,627 posts, read 5,766,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
More prayers answered. There's something to that Miracle Worker up above.

UPDATE:
Appraised value aligned with sales price so we are good to go! Buyers lender has approved the contract and terms. Time to accelerate my packing drill, since now there's no risk of having to re-market the home. Time to strip the walls and grab my _____ um, stuff. Well, you get the idea. I've got more work to do but we should be good to close by 11/10.

Man, I'm gonna miss this place. But I'm sure going to enjoy living with my wife again and helping raise the youngest of 9 grandchildren. I have much work to do in AZ. Here's what's called me away: Be a better husband, save a 9 month old grand-child left dependent by drug addict parents (whom I continue to pray for but they need miracles of their own), and be there for my 85 year old mother, who is doing pretty well but she's 85 and my brother just moved to Colorado for work. Mom needs me close.

Yes, I love SWFL and fishing the flats, but there's more important things in life. Thanks to God for helping me through this and seeing me through what's yet to come. Thanks to Fisher419 for being a fine mentor of my faith. Thanks to all my friends and CD friends for years of good friendship and readership.
Wow, my thoughts and prayers for a great future for you and your family. I think you're going where you need to go and doing what you need to do, anc G-d bless you for that.

Sounds like the closing will go smoothly as well, and maybe this sounds corny, but maybe the relative ease with which your house sale here has gone at least so far, is another indication that you're meant to be with your family in AZ.

You will be busy, taking care of your precious grandbaby, your mother and your wife. But hopefully you'll find the time on occasion to pop onto CD here and let your old friends know how you are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 05:15 PM

2,118 posts, read 2,712,551 times
Here's a recent shot of my wife reading to 9 month old Savanna Grace. Sadly my 24 year old daughter could not overcome her addiction, despite many attempts at treatment over the past 6 years. Her choices will result in a loss of her parental rights. The "baby daddy" is even worse, an abuser., from a family just like him. Now the great part of the story.

My ex-wife, Savvy's maternal grandmother, and her husband will adopt Savanna. My wife and I will make a room for her in our home and provide regular relief for them and share in the love of this angel. It's amazing how the 4 of us grandparents have come together as a team with the honor of raising this gift of a child. She will have more love than she knows what to do with.
Attached Thumbnails
My Seller's Story-image.jpeg  

Old 10-19-2016, 09:51 PM

747 posts, read 655,995 times
The world seems to be going to hell and a handbasket, and then reading this reaffirms my faith in the goodness of people.

Heck of a life story there. Godspeed.

Quote:
Here's a recent shot of my wife reading to 9 month old Savanna Grace. Sadly my 24 year old daughter could not overcome her addiction, despite many attempts at treatment over the past 6 years. Her choices will result in a loss of her parental rights. The "baby daddy" is even worse, an abuser., from a family just like him. Now the great part of the story.

My ex-wife, Savvy's maternal grandmother, and her husband will adopt Savanna. My wife and I will make a room for her in our home and provide regular relief for them and share in the love of this angel. It's amazing how the 4 of us grandparents have come together as a team with the honor of raising this gift of a child. She will have more love than she knows what to do with.

Old 10-20-2016, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJNE17 View Post
The world seems to be going to hell and a handbasket, and then reading this reaffirms my faith in the goodness of people.

Heck of a life story there. Godspeed.
A great many people have said nice things to me but that's got to be one of the nicest. Thank you so much.
I hope you have all the fun and memories on the water here that I did.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:53 AM

704 posts, read 501,084 times
MA, good luck and god speed on your journey. You will be missed here for sure.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:10 AM

531 posts, read 932,266 times
Your granddaughter is really beautiful, and I know you'll all have a great life no matter where you are! We'll miss your newsy notes, and hope you can find the time to hop in here once in awhile to update us on your life in AZ? Be well, and we'll all be thinking about you on your journey! xoxo

Old 10-20-2016, 07:49 AM

3,001 posts, read 4,056,911 times
Quote:
She will have more love than she knows what to do with.
That is one lucky little girl Bill! Nothing can completely replace one's parents, but you guys sure are stepping up and filling that void! At least she's got a fighting chance at life now.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:08 AM

1,573 posts, read 950,832 times
Quote:

OMG She is adorable!!!
Good on all of you for stepping up and being there for Savanna Grace!!
That is just beautiful

Old 10-20-2016, 11:17 AM

704 posts, read 501,084 times
Quote:

MA, Savanna is beautiful. She is lucky to have so many people who love her so much and you and your family are lucky to have her.

I'm sorry you are having to go down this road with your daughter. Don't give up just yet.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:02 PM

POD moving unit came today. Very impressive delivery system they have. Their truck never entered my driveway. They use a mobile davit system with 4 wheels and a 20hp motor to drive the POD into place and drop it, similar to a boat davit cradle. Packing like crazy now. Best thing I did was go to rooms to go for furniture boxes. Really helped to protect bedframes, headboards, TVs, artwork, etc. My place is a complete mess tonight. Running out of room in the garage so the living areas are now storage areas until I load the POD.

Guy is supposed to come buy my John Deere tractor tomorrow. Will show him how to use it, as I mow the last time.

Getting a 6x12 Uhaul trailer to pull myself with essentials we need for the rental house. Everything else goes in the POD storage until we buy again next year. Sent a twitter message to the Weather Channel's Jim Cantore asking him what my weather window is for a FL to AZ trip starting Saturday. He answered by sending me a custom feed of the GFS Forecast model I could click through every six hours of the next 7 days. Very cool. Love that guy. And the weather is forecast for clear conditions throughout my journey. Still reaping blessings, praise God.

Best photo of little Savanna yet! My other daughter, Savvy's Aunt, spent Saturday with her and captured this gen.
Attached Thumbnails
My Seller's Story-img_0736.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or