Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 05:30 PM

704 posts, read 771,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
More answered prayers today, thanks be to God.

I was willing to do this move, with or without my employers blessing but without meant looking for a new job for the first time in 11 years. Today I was given the approval to relocate to Phoenix while keeping my position and salary. I will continue to support my team in FL and across the Southeast (for the time being), while taking on a new (old) team in SoCal and Colorado. Win, win, win. #powerofprayer
Congratulations! Yet another sign that this move was meant to be although we will miss you very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2016, 09:18 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,186,208 times
Excellent news all around. We are also sold our house quickly. Put it on the market and accepted an offer above asking price three days later. The house appraised for the full amount which I was a little worried about so that's a relief. Our buyers oddly enough have chosen to not do any inspections and signed a waver saying so. Now we're just waiting for their loan to be funded and hope to close middle of October. This is the stressful part, hoping nothing falls through in escrow. I do not want to start this process over from scratch. Good luck to you, and I will be following you and the rest of your selling process.

Old 10-01-2016, 01:44 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Chickens View Post
Excellent news all around. We are also sold our house quickly. Put it on the market and accepted an offer above asking price three days later. The house appraised for the full amount which I was a little worried about so that's a relief. Our buyers oddly enough have chosen to not do any inspections and signed a waver saying so. Now we're just waiting for their loan to be funded and hope to close middle of October. This is the stressful part, hoping nothing falls through in escrow. I do not want to start this process over from scratch. Good luck to you, and I will be following you and the rest of your selling process.
Good for you! Is this in the PC/PG area also?
Turns out my buyer never really wanted to buy any of my stuff after all. My listing included that I was open to offers on furniture outside of escrow so his agent asked for a price list without asking him if he wanted any of it. No biggie. My wife didn't want to part with all of it, anyway. I will sell some items like washer/dryer, and some older furniture online but not everything.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:51 AM

Had the appraisal last Monday. Haven't heard back yet, so hoping no news is good news. HH did a great job finding good comps to establish my selling price so my confidence is high.

Only glitch we encountered so far was buyers pest inspection found some wood decaying fungus in my 34 year old shed, attached to the lanai. Pest control inspector was kind enough to tell me to treat it myself using chlorine bleach out of a sprayer, let it dry and paint over it. Said that will kill it for sure and he will pass us with no noted deficiencies to the buyer's lender. I did just that and the inspector just cleared it.

As soon as we get word on that appraisal I will begin packing like mad. Planning to use PODS to move. They will drop a 16x8x8 unit in my driveway that should pack up my 2b2b house. That unit will be stored in their climate controlled facility outside Phoenix until I'm ready for re-delivery after we buy a house in 2017. I will also pack up a 12' towed unit with items I need for our rental house. That will be towed by me to AZ the week of our closing, 11/10.

Old 10-14-2016, 01:48 PM

139 posts, read 129,275 times
Good luck with you're move,it's not really much fun.

Old 10-14-2016, 05:56 PM

4,861 posts, read 2,672,101 times
moving is hard for sure..not only physically, but emotionally as well..leaving old friends behind and going into an unsure future..we all wish you the best here..I somehow think you'll do just fine.

Old 10-14-2016, 07:13 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
moving is hard for sure...., emotionally .......leaving old friends behind and going into an unsure future..
that the thing I liked when I left new Hampshire 12 years ago , leaving the past behind and the excitement and anticipation of the unsure future

Old 10-14-2016, 07:18 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,822,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
that the thing I liked when I left new Hampshire 12 years ago , leaving the past behind and the excitement and anticipation of the unsure future

Old 10-19-2016, 02:31 PM

More prayers answered. There's something to that Miracle Worker up above.

UPDATE:
Appraised value aligned with sales price so we are good to go! Buyers lender has approved the contract and terms. Time to accelerate my packing drill, since now there's no risk of having to re-market the home. Time to strip the walls and grab my _____ um, stuff. Well, you get the idea. I've got more work to do but we should be good to close by 11/10.

Man, I'm gonna miss this place. But I'm sure going to enjoy living with my wife again and helping raise the youngest of 9 grandchildren. I have much work to do in AZ. Here's what's called me away: Be a better husband, save a 9 month old grand-child left dependent by drug addict parents (whom I continue to pray for but they need miracles of their own), and be there for my 85 year old mother, who is doing pretty well but she's 85 and my brother just moved to Colorado for work. Mom needs me close.

Yes, I love SWFL and fishing the flats, but there's more important things in life. Thanks to God for helping me through this and seeing me through what's yet to come. Thanks to Fisher419 for being a fine mentor of my faith. Thanks to all my friends and CD friends for years of good friendship and readership.

Old 10-19-2016, 02:43 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,839,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
More prayers answered. There's something to that Miracle Worker up above.

UPDATE:
Appraised value aligned with sales price so we are good to go! Buyers lender has approved the contract and terms. Time to accelerate my packing drill, since now there's no risk of having to re-market the home. Time to strip the walls and grab my _____ um, stuff. Well, you get the idea. I've got more work to do but we should be good to close by 11/10.

Man, I'm gonna miss this place. But I'm sure going to enjoy living with my wife again and helping raise the youngest of 9 grandchildren. I have much work to do in AZ. Here's what's called me away: Be a better husband, save a 9 month old grand-child left dependent by drug addict parents (whom I continue to pray for but they need miracles of their own), and be there for my 85 year old mother, who is doing pretty well but she's 85 and my brother just moved to Colorado for work. Mom needs me close.

Yes, I love SWFL and fishing the flats, but there's more important things in life. Thanks to God for helping me through this and seeing me through what's yet to come. Thanks to Fisher419 for being a fine mentor of my faith. Thanks to all my friends and CD friends for years of good friendship and readership.
Awwww, that is really inspirational!! Good for you and your family
I hope you have a smooth closing. You can always stay in touch with your friends on here right?
God works in mysterious ways and it's wonderful that you are taking care of that innocent grand-baby.
Bless you and safe travels <3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte